• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have some vibes for Sydnee please.

purple_x

Warren Scout
Sydnee has not been himself the last couple of days, I have no idea what's wrong :(
He has a vet appointment today at 4pm.

He was eating fine yesterday but just didn't seem 'right' Like he wasn't his usual cheeky, cuddly self.
Then today I went to give them their pellets in the morning and he wasn't interested, he usually fights me for them!
So I panicked a little as he wouldn't eat his pellets so I gave him a teeny bit of cabbage and he ate that.
Plus he keeps sitting under the radiator and wont move, but not stretched out like he normally does, he's sitting huddled up.

I know nothing seems majorly wrong with him but I feel like there is something wrong so I am going to get him checked just to be on the safe side.

So could I have some vibes for him please, I just hope he's ok.

Sending vibes that he will be OK. :wave:

I had a similar experience with Spenser back in November. Turns out he was fine and just being fussy because the pellets at the end of a bag were a bit crumbly! I don't regret having him checked though, as he previously had a stasis episode that required emergency vet treatment. The sitting hunched up is a bit worrying - how does his tummy feel?

He wont let me get close enough to pick him up to check him tummy at the moment, when I go near him he runs off.

Yep he has pooped this morning and they were normal and he has been drinking too.

I just went up and gave him a few pellets and he ate those this time.

I know I sound like a paranoid bunny mummy but he just doesn't seem himself and the sitting hunched up is worrying me too. oh and the fact that he keeps running away when I go near him, he usually throws himself at my feet so I stroke him/pick him up.

I don't think you are being paranoid. Any significant change in behaviour is worth getting checked out. If Sydnee usually accepts being picked up, I'd be worried if this suddenly changed. We're the opposite - Spenser hates being picked up and one of the signs that alert me to his illness was the fact he let me cuddle him. :roll:

My Saffie was like this and i noticed he had lost a lot of weight really quickly. He was in the vets over christmas. He seems ok now but were getting his blood test results today hopefully and he has another check up at 4.40 today.

Well done for noticing a change in his behaviour! Its difficult with rabbits! Sending lots of good vibes your way! Hope he will be ok and is just having an off day! x

Got back from the vets and Sydnee is absolutely fine :D I am sooooo relieved right now it's untrue!

The vet checked his tummy and said there was no impaction and no bloating. She checked his teeth and said they were perfect and then gave him a general check over and said he is 100% healthy. Bright eyes, nice coat, perfect weight and clean bum, yay!
She reckons he is just having a moody day. Have to keep an eye on him of course but he seems ok now.

The vet also checked Angel over and she is 100% healthy too, great teeth and everything. Although she is a tiny little bit overweight. She should be about 2.5kg but is 2.8kg, so not majorly over, bless her.

I'm glad I went as it has put my mind at rest, now I know my babies are ok and I can stop stressing.

Got back from the vets and Sydnee is absolutely fine :D I am sooooo relieved right now it's untrue!

The vet checked his tummy and said there was no impaction and no bloating. She checked his teeth and said they were perfect and then gave him a general check over and said he is 100% healthy. Bright eyes, nice coat, perfect weight and clean bum, yay!
She reckons he is just having a moody day. Have to keep an eye on him of course but he seems ok now.

The vet also checked Angel over and she is 100% healthy too, great teeth and everything. Although she is a tiny little bit overweight. She should be about 2.5kg but is 2.8kg, so not majorly over, bless her.

I'm glad I went as it has put my mind at rest, now I know my babies are ok and I can stop stressing.

Fantastic news for all of you :D

Your Buns are lucky to have such a good Mum !!

Back