• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no! Is it serious?? U/D He's fine :)

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
Lucky sneezed this morning. I'll be ringing the vets but i am worried sick!

Please tell me he'll be ok!!

Last edited:
How much sneezing has he done? Has he got a runny nose or damp front paws?

It could be something as simple as a bit of hay up his nose or something that has irritated him?

just a sneeze or bouts of SNEEZING? occasional sneezes tend to be hay but when eric was a bubba he sneezed constantly til he fell over sometimes:(

Oh Lily - thank you.

He had 2 sneezed and then a while later another 3.

I've just been out to cuddle him (he put up a fight) and didnt notice wet paws - i'll go check again. He def doesnt seem to 'have a cold' and he's eating drinking and pooing normally. I was cleaning out the bunny house so it could have been a little fluffy/hay'y.

just a sneeze or bouts of SNEEZING? occasional sneezes tend to be hay but when eric was a bubba he sneezed constantly til he fell over sometimes:(

it was sneezing 'fits' but it sounds funny - almost like a chesty cough.

Oh Lily - thank you.

He had 2 sneezed and then a while later another 3.

I've just been out to cuddle him (he put up a fight) and didnt notice wet paws - i'll go check again. He def doesnt seem to 'have a cold' and he's eating drinking and pooing normally. I was cleaning out the bunny house so it could have been a little fluffy/hay'y.

If I were you I would just keep a close eye on him for today to see whether the problem resolves itself. If not, then I would get him checked at the vets just to be on the safe side :D:wave:

He's definitely snuffly. I've just been out there now and him and Daisy were still squabbling over that bit of carrot and he made chesty/squeaky noises.

I'm sooo worried!

I've got him booked in for 5:10pm - it cant come soon enough! I havent got transport either so i'll have to sort that out. Maybe i'll ask a good friend.

I sooo hope he'll be ok!!:cry:

Just seen your reply to Wendy. If the sneezes continue to sound more like they are coming from the chest rather than the nose, I would definately get him booked in for a check today.

It could be many things causing it, including something none serious.

I asked if the vets could see him sooner and they said it was all they can do. :cry:

Hurry up 5pm!!!

Oooh - the little monkey has the devil in him!! I did a big clean out this morning and he's trashed the place already and even poo'd to the side of his litter tray! Daisy is also refusing cuddles. :cry: I am convinced something's not right and they are trying their best to show me.

I want to tell them i know and i am gonna help as soon as i can. I thought about bringing them in - wrong thing to do though - i know. :cry:

You are getting him seen today, you can do no more than that. Whatever is causing the sneezing you have caught it early and can start any appropriate treatment :D:wave:

xxx

He's either sniffed up some dust/hay/hair and having a temporary sneezing attack/inflamed his nostrils a bit, or he has the very beginings of a respiratory infection BUT either way you are VERY early in catching it, 5pm is fine, it's not an emergency, but to see a vet at somepoint today will be helpful, so don't panic, he will be fine. :):wave:

Thanks.

What a worry. Neither have mine have been unfortunate enough to see a vet for non-routine things so i'm a bit panicky - tho am trying not to let them see it.

Thanks.

What a worry. Neither have mine have been unfortunate enough to see a vet for non-routine things so i'm a bit panicky - tho am trying not to let them see it.

We all get poorly at some point in our lives, it's rare not to. Don't worry, whatever it is you've caught it very early and it will be treatable, if it is anything at all, so honestly don't worry. :)

We all get poorly at some point in our lives, it's rare not to. Don't worry, whatever it is you've caught it very early and it will be treatable, if it is anything at all, so honestly don't worry. :)

Thank you.

My friend just rang and has offered to run me up to the vets - she also said the same as you prettylupin. It's just that we can easily overcome a cold/cough - rabbits are such delicate creatures. I'm feeling hopeful that the vets can sort him out and help him get better though. :)

good luck for later :wave: you've done the right thing and picked up on it really quickly, Lucky is a lucky bunny to have you as his owner :)

Thank you.

Georgeypudding - your reply made me blub (yup - i'm that emotional today) :oops::lol:

Back