• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where abouts in your house do your bunnies live?

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Hi, I'm just wondering if your buns share have their houses in your living space ie. The room you spend most time in, or do they live in a separate room? It's just that up until recently my two lived in the lounge, where they had lots of space to run around, but also had the noisy tv and fluctuating temperatures with the fire/heating etc. At the moment they are in the spare room upstairs which is very small, and although its quiet and a fairly constant temp, they haven't got much room to run around :eek:( I've been bringing olly downstairs in the pet carrier which he's fine with, but honey's really wary of the carrier and I cant get her in to bring her down! Dont know what to do for the best. My OH would like them to stay upstairs so he can have his lounge back to normal, but I hate them being up there out of the way :eek:(

I live in a town house so i have 4 floors and mine get the run of the house along side my dogs:love:
However Henry is the only one that goes on the stairs so they mainly live in my living room and dinning room:)

Louie has freerange of the whole house when someone is home. At night and when no one is home he has the kitchen, conservatory, hall, stairs and landing :D

eric has free range of the living room, stairs and upstairs but he never ventures as far as the stairs:roll:

esme has the kitchen/dining room and half of a walled garden (when i'm there obviously!).

Living room/kitchen/bathroom/bedrooms when we're at home and the kitchen/bathroom at night and when we're not at home :D

Mine started off in my bedroom, which is really big.
Then I gave them access to the landing and stairs.
And then I started opening the bottom landing door so they could come into the living room and the kitchen and downstairs hallway.

Basically they have slowly taken over the house!! :shock:

Mine are in my room :wave: I went through the same thing you did. Moved them from an area of the house where I constantly am to a back room that I only visit specifically to see the buns.
Decided after a few years that I didn't like them all alone back there, even if they did have an entire room to themselves.
I know that they are much happier now that they are up here with me. Because even if it's less running space, I'm nearly always in the same room as them and they aren't as lonesome.

Yeah exactly, I don't want them to feel lonely and unloved due to lack of contact! Especially as they are separated at the moment until honey is spayed in feb :eek:(

Julie has the run of the kitchen and laundry room always. She is allowed to play in the main part of the house supervised but we close the bedroom doors to keep her out of the bedrooms. The kitchen and laundry rooms are totally bunny proofed the rest of the house she can get into trouble if not supervised.

Cheeky n Tilly did have freerange of the whole house when I was at home and confined to the kitchen/diner where their den is at night. Now munchkin has joined us he has upstairs and they have down. When he's neutered and depending on a succesful bonding things will revert back :D

Well up until this summer, Starbuck had the lounge, and Fay had the back bedroom. Then Fay went outside in the summer when bonded with Kenco, and we have bonded Starbuck with Muesli and then have the back bedroom for now.

When Muesli is better and if he can keep to his litter tray they can have the lounge to themselves, but for the foreseeable future they will stay in the back bedroom. They have it all to themselves and it is the biggest (and nicest) bedroom in the house! :lol::lol::lol::oops:

Back