• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm absolutely fed up

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
When we moved to this bungalow back in March Mike painted the double garage and put a new floor down and put our hutches in and built pens for our rabbits. At the end of the garage was an old tatty room which we had all painted and kitchen units and a belfast sink put in and we call it the 'Bunny room' and it's where we groom and check and weigh and give our buns their medication.
Got up this morning opened the door and our bunny room was flooded and some of the water has got under the floor in the garage.
My washing machine is ruined, the kick boards on the bottom of the units are ruined and all the floor has got to come up and it's all new (apart from my washing machine) I'm just so fed up :cry:

FloodedBunnyRoom001.jpg
:cry:

FloodedBunnyRoom008.jpg

FloodedBunnyRoom018.jpg

FloodedBunnyRoom003.jpg

What a nightmare Maysie :(:(:( How awful for you.

It's sickening isn't it when you've worked so hard to get things just right?

Hope you can get things sorted quickly xxx

Hope you can make an insurance claim :(

We laid new laminate flooring when we moved into this place, only to have one of the central heating pipes that was under the concrete floor start leaking and all the laminate had to come up again. It's so annoying when you've worked so hard.

Hope you can get it fixed soon. x

What a nightmare!! Can you claim on your house insurance? :(

Mike has contacted the insurance company this morning but they are closed but he was redirected to the out of hours number and he gave them details and the insurance company will be ringing us tomorrow. We are just a bit worried about the floor in the garage and hoping the water hasn't gone further as we have 12 rabbits in there.

This extreme weather has caused so many problems. We have had a burst pipe and gutters down, I think a lot of people have sufferd.
I do hope that it looks worse than it is once it dries up. It is depressing though.:(

oh crumbs so sorry :/

not that this will be much comfort but try to remember that everything does happen for a reason and although you might not understand it now or even in 6 months there will be a positive outcome to this - i am convinced

sending hugs

Back