• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue fundraising and logo needed

secretpennell

Young Bun
I hope you don't mind me posting on here as I'm mainly a rat rescue with only occasional rabbits.
I've had to cover a lot of vet bills here over the past month or so, and there's more on the way in the new year, so I've been racking my brains about doing some fundraising.
Then for Christmas a friend has signed me up with a website consultant, so it looks like Rat Out of Hell Rescue will be having a website in the next few months! I decided that the Rescue needs a logo, but since I have no artistic ability nor even inspiration as to what I want, I thought rat lovers and artistic sorts might be able to help!

So - here's the challenge:
Design a logo to represent Rat Out of Hell Rescue and submit as a jpeg (apparently this means picture in computer jargon!) You can submit as many entries as you like at £2.00 per entry (PM me for my email and address). The winning entry will receive a sweatshirt featuring their logo - and of course a credit on the new website!

The winner will be chosen simply according to what I (and a few friends!) think best fits this Rescue, and I will arrange for the sweatshirt to be embroidered and sent immediately that the decision is made. If you want to post your artwork on here for others to see, that's fine, but it must also be sent to me by email.

Last edited:
Good luck with this. I'm afraid I dont have any artistic talent whatsoever, and even less on the computer, so I'll leave this to the artistic folk on RU but just wanted to say good luck :wave:

Thank you for the support folks.:D
I'm really looking forward to finding a wonderful logo from this as well as raising much needed funds.
I am actually just off on holiday for a week - back Sunday 9th - and I'll be offline until then. If anyone is desperate to get their entries in you can PM Alice for my details in the meantime.

Hey,

Just wondering how well this worked out for you? Did you get a logo you were happy with, and did it work out well in terms of a fundraiser?

Thanks

Sorry fairlybeloved - just saw your question.
Yes, I was thrilled with how this turned out! :D
The competition had 24 superb diverse entries. - and every single one of them was a possibility! After a huge amount of decision making I narrowed it down to 3 contenders and finally ended up giving a prize to 2 of them. I'm now using one of them as a logo and one as a mascot.
It was a great fundraiser too. The entries strictly amounted to £48, but the competition also attracted donations so the total raised was £170.

Back