• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns see other buns in their groups as "intruders..."

Candiflare

Mama Doe
... if they are outside their territorial set up for some reason?

When it was snowing I gave my outdoor group (2 girls, 2 boys) the choice of going outside or not. Penelope and Rosie decided they'd like to go out but Buzz and Ralph decided they wanted to stay in.

Anyway, Penelope always likes to search for stray pellets around the outside of the shed, and I had the door open and Buzz had his "intruder alert" look on his face and he was pacing around.

Does he not recognize that it's a member of his group who has just hopped out a second ago?

As soon as Penelope went back in, he tried to bite her, then realised it was her and started to groom her... I just don't understand.

The ironic thing is that if Buzz was outside with her, it wouldn't matter to him!

Last edited:
I have 3 free range out door bunnies and 3 indoor bunnies. Now the out door's buns always stay out and don't attempt to come indoors. The indoor buns don't go outside. Except Rosie the house rabbit. She will go out side to flirt with the outside boy bun, or my other boy buns in hutches. All is fine until one of the girl buns discover her outside. They will chase her back in doors.

It's the same with my dogs. Yes I have 2 Jack Russells . If they find a bun in the wrong place. Like an indoor out side. They will round them up and put them back where they belong.

Back