• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are yours insured?

are your bunnies insured?

• yes

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • no

Votes: 64 73.6%

• Total voters
No, I thought about it but I figured that it would be easier to just save money into a seperate 'bunny account' to use for any vet bills.

no for many reasons
far too much money to do my lot lol
it doesnt cover everything !
and well my vet bills are not that much money anyway
i feel the money for insurance is better spent on bills instaid lol my last vet bill was £80
however every bunny that leaves here does leave with free insurence so new oweners can make up their minds on it ;)

No because I have 4 animals to insure, one of which nobody will insure because of her breed and another they want about £500 a year just because he has mastiff in his name. I have a contingency plan instead.

No, infact none of my animals are insured at the moment. My cats and pony are usually insured, I have a seperate savings account for the buns and piggles.

No, mine are not insured. When I looked into it it seemed very expensive. However this year I had a bill for approx. £150 for bloat (emergency appointment) and follow up and a £300 + bill for inflamed eye ( 2 x flushings, x-rays, ga, meds etc.) for the same bun. Mmmm..........:(

Can't answer the poll as one is and one isn't :lol:

Waffle isn't insured as she has had stasis issues in the past and wouldn't be covered for them in the future.

Radish is insured because we realised how much Waffle was costing in vets bills and wanted some kind of protection.

If my OH had listened to me and insured both of them in the first place we would have saved hundreds in emergency vets fees. :roll:

Both of ours are. It costs about £21 in total per month, which is a lot over their (hopefully long) life times, but it's there just in case (as is all insurance I suppose :lol:)

Nope, I save up for unexpected vet trips though.
I don't think Pipkin's dental problems would be covered by the insurance so it doesn't seem worth it.

Both my rabbits are insured. I once had a bunny who required £3000 of treatment which would not have been affordable without insurance. I couldn't fault Petplan, they were really helpful and paid out quickly too.
If I had lots of rabbits it would be far too costly though.

No, I have savings for them though. I think if I had just 2 I would insure them but with 4 it wouldn't be worth it, I'd rather just save up for vet bills

Back