• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking forward to the lighter evenings...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
...I really miss being outside with my buns on winter evenings :(

In the summer I can sit out there with them and read, or potter around the garden, and I'm really missing it at the moment. Thank goodness the shortest day had been and gone!

You need a good torch with a big diameter face. I put mine on the floor in the shed poitning upwards and it pretty much lights all of it so I can sit out for a bit with them

Blimey you're keen! :shock: We've only just had the shortest day of the year! :lol:

I agree though - I love lighter evenings :love:

You need a good torch with a big diameter face. I put mine on the floor in the shed poitning upwards and it pretty much lights all of it so I can sit out for a bit with them

I've got an outside light fitted, but it's been so bloomin' cold that I haven't been able to stay out for too long or my butt would have frozen :shock:

It's a lovely thought but the pessimist in me says that Jan and Feb are the worst months weatherwise - ignore me, ignore me I'm known for hating the winter - wrist slitting weather I call it! January usually passes in a whir and Feb is so short it'll be March before we know it. See I'm trying! ;)

It's amazing to think of that Spring feeling, it really does literally "lift you up" makes you feel lighter and brighter.

I have a shed light and take a hot water bottle and a blanket with me. end up quite toasty :)

I have the padded seat off an old office chair to sit on, and a blanket fro around my shoulders, but the temperatures in the past few weeks have defeated me :lol:

And then today it gets milder - great, I can sit out with the buns for a bit!!!:D I go out.....and it's chucking down with rain :roll:

I can't wait till summer and lighter evenings too, I used to sit outside with Beano in the evenings and sometimes she used to stay in her run whilst the sun went down and it was still warm. Now she doesn't go in her run in winter and it's dark and cold, I don't stay out with her and Gordon for as long. Never mind, not long to go yet!

Ususally I prefer winter to summer, but not with a bunny at the bottom of the garden. He must get a bit bored out there - maybe by next winter he'll have a friend. Spenser was too hot during even a Scottish summer, but I thik we both miss evening binkies.

Ususally I prefer winter to summer, but not with a bunny at the bottom of the garden. He must get a bit bored out there - maybe by next winter he'll have a friend. Spenser was too hot during even a Scottish summer, but I thik we both miss evening binkies.

Same here! I used to love shutting the curtains and having a lazy evening, but now I just miss seeing my boys!

Yep!! Same here - never minded winter as much until I had outdoor buns to miss (and lets be honest - look after!!) Indoors next year God, Lola and bank balance willing!! :lol:

I miss them too. I have one of my own buns outside and a foster and its so dark in the morning and evening so only see them at weekends in daylight :(

I miss them too. I have one of my own buns outside and a foster and its so dark in the morning and evening so only see them at weekends in daylight :(

I'm lucky I can pop out during the day to see my guys (who totally ignore me if I go down there in snuggle time :roll:), so I should be grateful.

But I still miss the light evenings!!!!:(

Back