• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going in the run

Alicia

Mama Doe
I am looking after 2 rabbits, and their hutch is in the conservatory, which is unheated. At the moment they can exercise in the conservatory, but it isn't very big and there are some boxes of Christmas things in there which I can't put anywhere else. They have enough room in the conservatory, but I want to know if they could go in the run outside for a while. Part of the garden doesn't have any snow or ice on it, could they go in the run for a little while?

I don't see why not... I've seen pics of bunnies in the snow so if you don't have any then I guess it should be ok.

Just be aware that even an unheated conservatory provides more warmth and shelter than you may realise, so I wouldn't keep the buns out for too long :)

How warm is your conservatory versus outside at the moment? If its much of a difference then I wouldnt risk it. If you do put them out I wouldnt make it for long and I would dry them off afterwards

Back