• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've Had to Bring my Conti Inside...

Isis

Mama Doe
I've had to bring my conti inside, during the winter. As he seems to be losing weight, even though he is eating well. He is gaining weight now. So nothing to worry about there.

But he is spending all his time in his "cage", even though he can come out :? into my bedroom. He will come out to greet me, and then goes back inside. Is this normal? My last house rabbit, was a pain in the bottom to go to bed.

Oh typing this thread, he has just come out... :love:

Edit: He is just flopped out in his litter tray most of the time.

I'm no expert, but I've heard people saying that if a rabbit is feeling too warm, they will be lethargic and flop all over the place. Could it be that he has a winter coat, has had to come in and is now feeling too warm? :?

if he is hot maybe put a frozen plastic milk bottle in for him or have the a fan on low over his hutch.. these are just some ideas :L:L or it could just be new soroundings I am sure he will get use to this maybe sit with him and stroke him while he is out the cage so he knows it is ok to come out :)

How long has he been inside now? It takes them a while to get the courage to come out and stay out of the cage/pen.

He's been inside since Friday, Christmas eve.
This morning he is out, and running around my bedroom :love:

Back