• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is she doing this becasue she kept seeing me do it?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i was always chasing the kittens dylan and freya out of the buns litter trays..they kept sneakily weeing in it which wasnt so much of a problem but also pooing in it. they knew it was wrong but it was closer and comfier than the wood pellets..so i gave them bio catolet like the buns. hmm nope..preffered to go where buns went.

suddenly bluebell began chasing them every time they went anywhere near the tray even if they had no intention of sneakily using it.
Also the kits have taken to sleeping with bertie and cuddling. when bertie gets hot he gets out and sleeps next to the dog bed. And bluebell now chases them there too.
yesterday bertie kept bashing blubell up for chasing the kits and getting the limelight from my mum:lol:

berties not chased them even for pooping in the tray...salem and zuzu used to do it too until bif kept chasing them.

so is it possible that after being here for all the time she has..that bluebell has taken note of me chasing them and has begun to chase them as she copied me? bif was different i swear as at first she was scared of salem and zuzu as kittens..until she litter trained salem to stop him peeing all over his tail and hind legs.

bluebell doesnt always go for them i have to admit..only if theyre in the tray or bed.
i know shes being territorial but she never used to chase them.

how do i stop her from hurting them:shock: shes only a real prob for poor freya who is the runt of the litter..must be shes so teeny even now!

this evening freya was walking in the lounge and bluebell came out of nowhere and ran her down..i had to stop her from hurting her:shock:

its so odd cos she used to love the kits...and zuzu and merlin..

but her sisiter dazy-mae hated anyhting that moved that wasnt a human or her sister bluebell.

now since losing dazy-mae...bonding fullyw ith bertie and having merlin hsopitalised for a week..and attacking him constantly so hes had to live penned off in our end of the lounge..shes so nasty.

shes bitten nikkis arm badly..anyworse and it would have been deep stitches i swear.....

shes eating fine....pooping and weeing fine..her temp..well her ears feel normal again..but i did give her metacam overnight as ive seen this behaviour in bertie toward anyhting and anyone when hes been in pain. she slept a bit thats all..and has been at it all day....in between bluebell naps.

i think she gets mad at bertie for sleeping so much....bless him hes over 6 and a half but has always been like that:oops::lol:

i cannot pen her off with bertie.....not enough room and i wouldnt be able to get to them for food water etc even worse than it is for merlin.:cry:

shes a bun you cannot pick up or hold to medicate...she was a bit crazy but now is 100%...had to give up on her baytril due to the aggression..so will ring vets tomorrow to have a word.

ive not seen this before even in frenchie does..and the fact first three weeks she was a diff bun is making me wonder how much dazy-maes deathj affected her and how much of her initial behaviour was from fear.

bif wasnt a human liking bun but i could medicate her ..just and she was only a small bun! willow was my huge frenchie doe and even she became a bit aloof but not like this and aggressive..just as well cos she was massive.

what can i do....

ive had enough buns over the years to understand territorial behaviour...fear responses that look like aggression etc...but this is a real problem..freyas so dinky even tho shes almsot 4 months old.

and there was me angry at the cats protection league wopman all tose years back who said kittens or young cats would get killed or badly injured by bertie:shock: hes such a softie...but i guess hes met his match this time.

dont get me wrong...as bad as she is i know shes having probs and i lover to bits..like a cross between bif...willow and kibbles...all my other does...who were all buns with attitude.

any tips guys..please.

If Bluebelle is attacking the kittens when they go near her litter tray or bed, it's because she is territorial, which is normal. :)
Sooner or later, the kittens will learn not to mess with her. :lol: For the time being, though, I think it will be best to never leave them together unsupervised and make sure that you intervene when the kittens go anywhere near Bluebell's territory.
Why is Bluebell on Metacam? Is she unwell?

the vet was worried she had a temp and gave me metacam cos she was pretty gassy and gi start of probs....so with zantac metaclop and metacam..he gave her baytril too to cover her in case she had what killed her sister.

the next day i took her to a vet who took her temp and said she was fine but to give her metaacam for a day or two to be sure.

bluebells an odd girlie....shes been through the ringer lately and i see her as a big bossy bad tempered doe whos becoming very itimidating.

then i see her for what she is..a bossy doe whos had a lot to contend with..and is trying so hard to hide her fear...poor girlie.

territorial yes i guess so but shes on berties territory and he has a go at her as he often has snuggles with one of the cats..it reminds him of the closeness salme my bridge kitty nd him shared:(

blubells not clingy so much to bertie now...shes found her own alone time spots but still has a good snuggle with bertie.

i have had to tell her no and and the last time she backed off and slunk away...

lucky were camped downstairs since salem dropped dead and nikki a few minutes later broke her foot....

shes been watching the cats interact with merlin too and bertie and doesnt go for them then. think its only when she thinks theyll go for her perhaps....

i dont blame her..the kitty 500 race includes using humans furniture and other pets as springboards or brakes.....shes not patient like bertie:lol:
can ypou blame her:lol:

If you need any help with medicating just let me know. I often struggle on my own - and my buns are smaller and not aggressive, so I can imagine how difficult it must be for you with a frenchie. I could try giving her some reiki to calm her down a bit first - it can sometimes help.

Back