• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on rescued hammy Barnaby..

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
He's settling in, blessim!!

DSC01302.jpg

He's very easy to handle and has been out to do his groceries on the settee - I sprinkled his food over and he runs about collecting it! Lovely wee fellow who deserves much better than he was subjected to for his first couple of months.

Better times ahead now Barnaby Noel!!

He really is gorgeous :love: Glad he is in a much better home now, I bet its nothing like he's ever seen before!

:love::love::love: he's so cute! my heart is aching for another Syrian but OH won't let me :( (like that's ever stopped me before :lol:) how is he to handle?

:love::love::love: he's so cute! my heart is aching for another Syrian but OH won't let me :( (like that's ever stopped me before :lol:) how is he to handle?

He's great to handle - very light and delecate feeling, I'll fatten him up - but then he's only about a couple of months old I recon. He is very gentle and doesn't bite. He runs up and down the settee collecting food in his pouch, then I put him back and he empties his pouches into his larder (under his bed!) He's such an organised little chap. Like a wee man!! I love him!! :love:

He's great to handle - very light and delecate feeling, I'll fatten him up - but then he's only about a couple of months old I recon. He is very gentle and doesn't bite. He runs up and down the settee collecting food in his pouch, then I put him back and he empties his pouches into his larder (under his bed!) He's such an organised little chap. Like a wee man!! I love him!! :love:

awww :love::love::love: hamsters are amazing

awww :love::love::love: hamsters are amazing

They are - I forgot about all the cute little things they do, like washing their heads with their little arms, eating like wee people with their little hands, organising things... When I watched him last night he was scratching a little so I'm keeping an eye on him. His conditions were so filthy, I'm worried that he might have mites or something, maybe he was just scratching as normal. His skin and fur seem ok though. I thought you had a hamster - is it just the little gerbil you have?

They are - I forgot about all the cute little things they do, like washing their heads with their little arms, eating like wee people with their little hands, organising things... When I watched him last night he was scratching a little so I'm keeping an eye on him. His conditions were so filthy, I'm worried that he might have mites or something, maybe he was just scratching as normal. His skin and fur seem ok though. I thought you had a hamster - is it just the little gerbil you have?

I have 2 dwarf hamsters, I used to have quite a few but they all went to the bridge :cry: I got them all at around the same time so they were similar ages. The gerbils went to the bridge too. Mine seem to scratch quite often. Aww poor little man

:love::love::love:

Seems weird to think it was only a few days ago you were thinking of getting a hammy and now here he is and all settled in. :love: He's scrummy.

He looks very perky now, bless him. Dear little fellow! :love: Now you should get a gerbil and have a real little indoor menagerie. :p

Back