• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Relief ... the thaw has begun!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
After almost a week of getting up between 4 and 5 am to check Spenser was OK, I felt relaxed enough to leave him until 6.30am today. :) His hutch is at the bottom of the garden, and although it is a very good one he doesn't have the shelter of the house or the warmth of a bunny friend. Plus his long-awaited thermal hutch-hugger still hasn't arrived and I'm sure we're under-heating the snugglesafe (it has the number 940 on the back but due to it's age it's unlikely to be more than 700 watts). So, the thaw has come as a great relief - I'm not the morning person I used to be! :oops:

It's a huge relief here too.

The thaw hasn't started but hopefully will start tomorrow. My concern has been my ponds, the water is flowing but on the smaller ponds I've worried that the water will freeze completely on the surface and the pump will just take water from the pond and throw it on top of the ice :shock: I can't find a heater anyway on the Net, everywhere is out of stock ... So I've improvised and hung a Snugglesafe where the heat needs to be, hope they don't get damaged in ice.

I'm glad I don't have outdoor bunnies, the last month would have been horrendous.

It's a huge relief here too.

The thaw hasn't started but hopefully will start tomorrow. My concern has been my ponds, the water is flowing but on the smaller ponds I've worried that the water will freeze completely on the surface and the pump will just take water from the pond and throw it on top of the ice :shock: I can't find a heater anyway on the Net, everywhere is out of stock ... So I've improvised and hung a Snugglesafe where the heat needs to be, hope they don't get damaged in ice.

I'm glad I don't have outdoor bunnies, the last month would have been horrendous.

we are worrying about that too......:( keep thinking we are going to have frozen fish! :(

mine are outdoor buns and have kept snuggled together most of the time but seem fine.
on xmas day i set my alarm to get up before the kids so id have time to defrost their water before they started unwrapping the prezzys!. :roll:

It rained here today!! Beautiful, beautiful rain!!!! I can see some driveway and some garden and the bottles arent frozen!! Pleeeeeeease don't let it come back!!! :shock:

where due snow from midnight tonight, through to tomorrow, then sleet tuesday then milder midweek, but then the freeze is due back weekend

glad your thaw has started - really hope my shower will be unfrozen tomorrow. we're forecast snow too:roll:

Had a good bit more rain, which means the slabs will be wet so Spenser will have to come into the conservatory for his exercise tomorrow. :D It's just a pity it takes me 2-3 hours to catch him when it's time for him to go back to the hutch.:oops::roll: I love my bunny unconditionally, but it would be nice if he was easier to bribe into his carry box. :roll::lol:

Back