• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A break through with Buttercup...

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
...he keeps letting me stroke him :shock:

Usually he'll dash away, however slowly and gently I put my hand towards him. For 3 days in a row now he has sat still whilst I stroked him :love:

I think it's because I've been going in at the end of snuggle time, when he's still half asleep, but he just lies there and I stroke him for about 30 seconds. I stop after that as I'd rather he knew I was going to stop before he gets fed up, but hopefully I will be able to make it a little longer each day :D

He's always been more timid as he was older than the other 3 when we got him and didn't seem to have been handled much.

He's changed sooooo much, and gets more handsome and cheekier every day :love::love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Sounds the same as with my Daisy!
She never used to like being stroked, but now she HAS to have a nose rub in the mornings before going into the garden :lol::lol:

Keep it short and sweet ;)

So glad you have progress ;) :love:

:D:D:D

I second the awesomeness of a nethie snuggle. Go Buttercup! How old is he?

He must have been having words with Indy as he did the leap of death from my arms coming out of the run yesterday and has left a nice scratch from my lip to my chin... noiiiiiice!

:D:D:D

I second the awesomeness of a nethie snuggle. Go Buttercup! How old is he?

He must have been having words with Indy as he did the leap of death from my arms coming out of the run yesterday and has left a nice scratch from my lip to my chin... noiiiiiice!

I'm not sure exactly how old Butters was when we got him, but we think between 6 & 9 months, and we got him and the babies August 2009, so he's possibly....er.....(maths isn't good when your brain is asleep!) ok, we've had the Boys 16 months, so he's around about 2 years, maybe?

I'm not sure exactly how old Butters was when we got him, but we think between 6 & 9 months, and we got him and the babies August 2009, so he's possibly....er.....(maths isn't good when your brain is asleep!) ok, we've had the Boys 16 months, so he's around about 2 years, maybe?

He knows his mummy loves him - just took him a while! Your patience is paying off! Remember our threads on the RWA forum all that year or so ago??!! :D

That's lovely news. I know that feeling, finally after two years Poppy let us stroke her in much the same manner, especially in the evening when she is ready to snooze in her hutch - she LOVES her strokes now. When you have a nervous bun it makes that permission to touch them so special :love:

So how did YOU get to be a wise old thumper and I'm still a measily Mamma Doe!!!????? Are you payin somebody off?? :shock: :evil:

No, she, erm, likes a natter. ;) :lol::lol::lol:

Bunny snuggles are the best, especially when you get them from a bunny that's normally reluctant. :love::love:

:evil::evil::evil:

I've just got all trussed up in waterproof and my new wellies, went out in the rain to the hutch ... to have a bit of biscuit grabbed off me and Spenser scuttle away to his basin. :roll:

I've just got all trussed up in waterproof and my new wellies, went out in the rain to the hutch ... to have a bit of biscuit grabbed off me and Spenser scuttle away to his basin. :roll:

:lol: But you haven''t had Spenser as long as I've had Buttercup :)

Plus, I do go in for the stroke as he's waking up from snuggle time, when he's totally relaxed - if I offered him a crunchie he's grab it and leg it :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry... for laughing.... but ... :lol::lol::lol:

Back