• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Aviary Birdies

LilVicky

Warren Veteran
This morning i decided to take photos of the Aviary birds, Canaries and Budgies with my new Camera Pentax X90. I love it already :D

Some of you may have seen these on facebook, but for those who havent, here they are :D

Charlie and Belle
IMGP0148edit.jpg

IMGP0196.jpg

Violet and Sunny
IMGP0163.jpg

IMGP0169.jpg

Violet
IMGP0226.jpg

IMGP0220.jpg

Sunny
IMGP0241edit.jpg

Canaries

IMGP0174edit.jpg

IMGP0179.jpg

IMGP0181.jpg

IMGP0188.jpg

Flower
IMGP0203.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

IMGP0182.jpg

IMGP0216.jpg

Lovely! They look like happy birdies :love::love:
I used to have a budgie that looked just like Sunny. She was called Horace :lol: Had her from a chick and it looked like she was going to be a boy for a while.

Lovely pictures. I really like the one of the clear yellow canary, it reminds me of my much loved and missed Grandad who many years ago kept canaries.

Thank you everyone :D
I enjoy sitting outside in the summer watching them all build nests and things, its lovely! And the Canaries when they sing :love::love::love:
Sounds beautiful!

Oooh, an aviary you say..... I like!! What special provision do you need for birds in the cold weather? :D

They all go into the garage at night :wave: We have heaters either side of their cage which come on when the temp drops in the garage, it also warms the buns up too! :lol:

The aviary is attached to the garage so they have an indoor and an outdoor area :wave: a garage window has been turned into a door. Every night i go out there when it gets dark and catch any birds left outside and put them inside :)

We have three chinese painted quails too, they have their own little bed area to help them keep warm :D

Just been out there and they are all tucked up indoors :love:
No need to catch them tonight, they are learning! :D :love:

Clever birdies!
How long have you had your aviary for?
Mine always take themselves inside at night :love::love:

For about 3 years?
It started because my Grandad passed away and we got given his Canary, we had to buy him some friends... which grew and my dad built an aviary for them :oops: :lol:

Sadly my Grandads bird Joe passed away this year because of the sudden change in temperature, we've had a bad year because of the weather :(

You have clever birds too! :love::love:

This is our aviary;
09-03-16046.jpg

Aww, I love budgies, was sorely tempted to buy a pair last year and name them Bernard and Bernadette but my parents wouldn't let me - plus now I've moved out I doubt my landlord would let me keep Poppy and some birdies!

Back