• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ARGH had it with....

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
the water bottles freezing everyday!! im unfreezing them in the morning and once in the day! there coverd with sockds, bubble wrap and foil!!,

so decided im going to buy a spare bottle for each rabbit/guinea, so i can have one set defrosting and 1 set on the hutch, cos it takes ages to un freeze them!

Anyone know of any good sites to by them from? looking for the 600ml size x xx

Last edited:
I am tired with having to unfreeze the outside water for the wild birds and our aviary birds :(

Bring on summer! :lol:

I am tired with having to unfreeze the outside water for the wild birds and our aviary birds :(

Bring on summer! :lol:

awww, my mum has that problem with the chickens water, it takes a good hour of so cos its one of those, unside down circular ones x

I have spares for my outside bunnies i have 7 bunnies and 7 bottles plus 10 spare bottles to change over

I've taken an age to defrost mine too. Cider vinegar helps them not to freeze, but I've run out. A teaspoon in every bottle.
Even the ones on my little wooden shed froze last night.

It was -5

awww, my mum has that problem with the chickens water, it takes a good hour of so cos its one of those, unside down circular ones x

Ohh, i know, our birds have that too aswell as a birdbath, so i just put in plastic chinese dishes that i can easily remove and thaw out and put them back :oops: :lol:

And for the wild birds they have a litter tray with a brick in the middle so i can easily bring it indoors and thaw it out :lol:

Wilkinsons sell the "classic" water bottles pretty cheaply.

Yes, I've got mine from there - a set that's in use, and 2 spare sets - I always like to be prepared :lol::oops:

But it is much easier to be able to take a fresh bottle out and just change it over with the frozen one, and then bring the frozen one in to defrost at leisure :)

Yes, I've got mine from there - a set that's in use, and 2 spare sets - I always like to be prepared :lol::oops:

But it is much easier to be able to take a fresh bottle out and just change it over with the frozen one, and then bring the frozen one in to defrost at leisure :)

Yhh, much quicker,and mean they get the water faster! and u dnt have to be running the hot tap for hours trying to defrost them fast ahaha x

Back