• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's in for the winter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
My single male bunny has come down with a cold :(

So... I had a good old chat with my boyfriend, and we decided that we would bring him into his indoor hutch in the conservatory. He loves it. When i get in from work he comes out and runs around with my dog, then when i go to bed I out him to bed. He is loving the company so i think he may become a house bunny. :D

I havent told my boyfriend this part yet :lol:

Bunnies dont get 'colds' as such.
Has he been seen by a Vet ? If he has a snotty nose and/or he is sneezing alot he may require antibiotics. Respiratory Tract infections in Rabbits are not the same as our 'colds' and a Vet should always be consulted ASAP. Left untreated a sneezy snotty Bunny can become very poorly :cry:

Can you not stop looking on dark side all the time Jane? Sorry but that's all you do! Try and make every one feel like there rabbits need to see a vet soon as possible. And by the way my kit is ok! It was bunny runs which is normal.

Merry Christmas :)

Can you not stop looking on dark side all the time Jane? Sorry but that's all you do! Try and make every one feel like there rabbits need to see a vet soon as possible. And by the way my kit is ok! It was bunny runs which is normal.

A rabbit that is showing symptoms of a respiratory infection does need to see a vet! If they do not receive treatment when they need it they could develop pneumonia and become very poorly.

And for the last time rabbits having the runs is not 'normal' :roll:

Hope your bun is ok Hotrod_2008 :)

Last edited:

i think jane is just trying to help, if the bun does have the snuffles it is serious, and she may not know.. jane could have imformed her before it gets to a worse stage and harder to treat. I dont think she ment to look on the dark side, she was just trying to help, thats what this forum is about ofcourse :) my bun has snuffles and because it was caught early (thanks RUers!) he is being treated quickly before he gets to a worser stage, if noone informed me "squeaking" could be a sign of snuffles i would have never of known..

Look at my grey and white rabbit in my signature. Because she was left with a lung infection she WILL be dead probably within the next few months, all because her old owners were to damn stupid to get her to a vet.

Oh and by the way I have spent over £700 at the vets trying to help her, not to mention all the extra food she has to have just to keep her at a half decent weight.

Please please get to a vet:)

Last edited:
I echo the sensible suggestions about consulting a vet, I hope it's nothing too serious and hope he's ok :wave:

(and good luck with making him a housebunny ;) )

At least Jane is trying to help the OP, rather than posting randomly to do nothing constructive except have a dig at someone for trying to help. Merry Christmas indeed :?

a lot of other people do agree with me :wave .... posters on here are always placed with a guilt trip on here!!

i have grown up with bunnies but stopped having them when i had my 3 children.
soi have started to get them again...i do know what i am doing .... but do like t ask advice now and again...but i am very careful to what i post in case i start gtting judged,,, jane however i have noticed...when they is a HAPPY thread... no reply... i personaly think this forum chat thing.."RABBIT CHAT" should be renamed....????? :oops:

a lot of other people do agree with me :wave .... posters on here are always placed with a guilt trip on here!!

i have grown up with bunnies but stopped having them when i had my 3 children.
soi have started to get them again...i do know what i am doing .... but do like t ask advice now and again...but i am very careful to what i post in case i start gtting judged,,, jane however i have noticed...when they is a HAPPY thread... no reply... i personaly think this forum chat thing.."RABBIT CHAT" should be renamed....????? :oops:

Why the problem with Jakes-jane? She is one of the best, most amazing people on here:roll:

ETA everything she said is exactly true, or do a lot of your buns have/had snotty noses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back