• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone else had to move their bunnies house for Xmas? :o( :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I cooked Xmas dinner today for 7 people, and because my bunnies live in the lounge, we had to move them upstairs into the spare room... They've always lived in a fairly noisy environment with lots going on, and it's deadly quiet in their new room. Olly is in his cage and Honey in her playpen next to him, as they can't go back together til honey has been neutered in feb. The spate room is tiny, so not even much room to run around when I let them out, and they both seem so fed up :eek:( olly started tilting his head again the other day so I rang the vets and got some antibiotics, but now I think he's got a cold swell :eek:( he's squeaking a bit when he breathes. I'm worried cos obviously there's no vets open for a few days now, and the practice that covers out of hours for my usual one is totally useless :eek:(
Everyone's gone home now and I've just brought honey downstairs for a run round, she's sooo much happier! Even done a few binkies. My problem is that my OH would like them to stay upstairs permanently, as he likes everything tidy and their enclosure took up half the lounge :eek:( I can't bear to think of them stuck up there on their own, not seeing us coming and going and feeling unloved :eek:( I want my babies to be happy!

Perhaps you could explain to your o/h that bunnies need exercise. He wouldn't like to be locked up in a tiny room himself, would he? ;)
I hope Olly gets well soon xxx

ETA Please get Olly to the vets because I just read on this forum that 'squeaking' is a symptom of snuffles. :(

Last edited:
Thanks Antigone that was helpful! Although olly doesn't seem to have a snuffly nose or choking noises, he sneezes occasionally and sometimes squeaks when he's eating. It might be connected to his ear problem. I've just rung a vet who is going to ring me back to advise...

Yes I had to move Tilly up into bedroom for Christmas day (she is in our lounge and like yours takes up most of the room with her cage and run). She was quite stressed and confused yesterday, but has now settled down, I will be bringing her back down later today, after I have tidied the place up a bit. I did resent having to move her, but hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Pffft, Louie stays exactly where he always is, everyone just has to watch where they are walking :D

Back