• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worst christmas ever...

beccimarie

Mama Doe
:cry:first my O/H is too il to see me, so i had to give caspers antibiotic injection with my mum holding and she did not hold him stil so he jogged and it went more into his neck which really hurt him :cry: havnt stopped crying

Awwww it's easily done hun. How's he doing since? Just keep an eye on him and make sure he keeps eating and pooping :)

Awwww it's easily done hun. How's he doing since? Just keep an eye on him and make sure he keeps eating and pooping :)

i worry its only ment to go in his skin what if it went further in his neck :cry: must have really hurt :cry: he ran straight back in his hutch and started eating apple pieces i put in .. spose thats good news

Last edited:
Did he flinch or make any noises? Sometimes it can feel like you're going too far when you're not. Yes it would have hurt but only as much as us getting an injection and it should wear off. As long as he's eating and hopping around he'll be fine :) :wave:

Did he flinch or make any noises? Sometimes it can feel like you're going too far when you're not. Yes it would have hurt but only as much as us getting an injection and it should wear off. As long as he's eating and hopping around he'll be fine :) :wave:

yes he flinched and grinded his teeth :cry: i was so upset.. i usally put them to bed about now but im gonna watch him for half an hour

Sorry your upset - I'd think that if Casper ate some apple pieces he probably wasn't in too much pain. Bunnies tend not to eat if they are in pain, I think? Sending vibes though. :wave:

Injections are not easy, i have had "incidents" myself:shock:
Dont torture yourself, i cant imagine you have done any harm. Try and enjoy what is left of your Christmas day and hope you get to see OH tomorrow.

Thank you all for your kind comments, unfortunatly iv just been upset the whole day.. just wanted my OH round and the bunnies and it to be perfect.. me and the OH have ended up arguing and have fallen out over him not coming and calling me negative all the time and i just moan :roll: makes me feel so much better... i have alot on my back looking after casper on my own and the stress of him being ill .. agh the annoying thing is when i broke my nose and had concusion few weeks back i was told by him "youll be ok" hes got "man flu" and he sounds like he is dieing :cry: sorry im just moan moan moan maybe he is right... :cry: so depressed..

As a positive note i put casper to bed and he was happily speaking to me again giving me nose rubs and munching a nice green leaf.

I'm glad that Casper is feeling better. :D
Try to forgive your o/h. He is probably grumpy because it's Christmas and he's poorly and he probably believes that he's dying. :roll:

I'm glad that Casper is feeling better. :D
Try to forgive your o/h. He is probably grumpy because it's Christmas and he's poorly and he probably believes that he's dying. :roll:

:lol: i feel really bad... but iv just been so down.. i take it out on him :cry: we dont get on like we used to.. i think its down to me being stressed all the time. i just cant help it :(

Back