• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's only a merry christmas for some..

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Spoke to a couple of my friends earlier to say merry christmas, and one of them asked after the bunnies. She told me that they've brought her BEW lop, Sugar, in for the winter and she's currently snuggling with the dogs by the fire.

The other friend made fun of me for buying the bunnies presents, and then told me that she "hates" her "stupid pair" and would never "waste money buying them gifts". (She has two young does, they're supposed to be hers but her sister does all the work)

Looks like it's only a merry christmas for some pets this year:(:cry:

*goes off to cuddle with Benji and Nahla*

That's sad :(. Poor buns, unloved and unwanted :(.

So nice about Sugar though, all loved and cosy.

Very sad cant see the point in her having them if she hates them :( Must admit I don't go all out buying xmas presents for all the furries mind as they have the best of everything all year round anyway. I have been out and given them all strokes and nice veg this morning though. The cats brought us our xmas present from them also ..... a lovely dead mouse smack bang in the middle of everything!! Nice to be appreciated :lol:

Very sad cant see the point in her having them if she hates them :( Must admit I don't go all out buying xmas presents for all the furries mind as they have the best of everything all year round anyway. I have been out and given them all strokes and nice veg this morning though. The cats brought us our xmas present from them also ..... a lovely dead mouse smack bang in the middle of everything!! Nice to be appreciated :lol:

Haha your cat must love you very much!:p

I know it's just so sad, I don't understand why she even has them, I've told her over and over that I'll take them and try and find a home for them, but she won't have it.

It's so sad.

Your friend would think us very mad then as we buy our buns treats for Christmas and always have, I don't drink or smoke and I buy the bun treats over so many months.
I feel very sorry for your friends two doe's if that is her attitude towards them...poor bunnies :(

Your friend would think us very mad then as we buy our buns treats for Christmas and always have, I don't drink or smoke and I buy the bun treats over so many months.
I feel very sorry for your friends two doe's if that is her attitude towards them...poor bunnies :(

Mine get christmas presents too, only all my stuff from equinecaninefeline never turned up this year:( so they had to make do with lots of lovely posh noms instead, which they probably prefer anyway!:lol:

I find it so hard to understand that she doesn't have any interest in making their lives better. I'm not preaching to her, I know the way my rabbits live isn't perfect. They both have a 5x3 hutch space for the night time but they're free range all day, and they're happy and healthy and so loved. They're also being neutered and *hopefully* bonded in the new year, and if that doesn't work out I'll have to try and find a way of extending their space so they can both get a friend.

I've told her and told her I'd take the bunnies on, their space wouldn't be ideal, (a 5x2 double tier hutch with a 6x4 run for the day time), but they would be loved and fussed over until I could find them a suitable home.. she just doesn't want to admit that she's a bad owner.

Back