• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo's Extension **MASSIVE FAIL**

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
I have just put a puppy pen on the end of Milo's cage. It has given him so much extra space but I just hope he can't hop over it :shock:

photo-72.jpg

I moved his litter tray from one end of the old cage to the other so I hope he still uses it.

Last edited:
brilliant new space :)

duke would be able to jump that so if we have him indoors and dont put the cover on (it is ALWAYS on if we are out) then we just make sure that everything around is bunny proofed that way if he got out although far from ideal we know he wouldnt cause himself any harm :)

brilliant new space :)

duke would be able to jump that so if we have him indoors and dont put the cover on (it is ALWAYS on if we are out) then we just make sure that everything around is bunny proofed that way if he got out although far from ideal we know he wouldnt cause himself any harm :)

Now i'm worries about him getting out :( wonder if I put a towel over it. Would that be ok?

I looks great, loads of extra room! If you are worried about escapes just peg some fabric or net (gives you a better view of bun) over and that sort of bounces them back down :lol:

I looks great, loads of extra room! If you are worried about escapes just peg some fabric or net (gives you a better view of bun) over and that sort of bounces them back down :lol:

I've just pegged a towel across. Hopefully it ill be ok. He loves the extra space. Means lots more toys.

Well that didn't work at all!!! There was a tiny gap between the old cage base and the new pen and he managed to sqeeze through it. Have put him back in the old cage for tonight until I can work out something else tomorrow :( Such a shame as the new set up was lovely.

Can you slide the cage slightly into the pen, would that be enough to cover the gap?

Unfortunately tried the zip ties :( Going to get the OH to look at it today as I hated having to put him back in the smaller cage last night.

well at least you know the towel will work :D

just need to find a way to secure the edge - good luck :D

My run came with some keyfob type clips to hold the panels together (Ebay?), or maybe try cheap carabiners (Wilko's / pound shops). They work in a similar way and are good for fastening different panels together.

I had the same problem when mine where babies and they'd squeeze through gaps like that - it was a little odd when they were 'safe in their cage' and then one of them would nudge my feet or binky across my line of sight...

I solved it by shoving teatowels in the gaps then cable tying in so they couldnt be forced open or dragged out.

Can you slide the cage slightly into the pen, would that be enough to cover the gap?

If you have the pen slightly overlapping the cage, you can then tie or lace the cage and pen together with a piece of cord, or maybe put something heavy against the outside so he can't push it out...if that makes sense? :)

OH has given it a go so we shall see. I might still try to get something tomorrow to block up the gaps until he is a little bigger.

Thank you for all the suggestions though. They were very helpful :wave:

Back