• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

soo sad and angry....cant believe it!!!

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
last night i put rubies little baby back in the nest...everything seemed fine and i though she was going to feed them and everything...i woke up this morning went in her room...the nest was detroyed and i couldnt find the babies...i searched found one alive....then on the other side of hutch found another alive...search and search and then found the final one....dead...all were freezing...so i instantly put them next to the raidiator..so mad with myself....my gut instinct was to take them out....but ii put it back in...now ive got some milk and have started hand rearing them....one of them looks ill...the other one is lively though.... had trouble feeding them but i will get better i supose...i just hope the rest survive.... :( :(

What milk are you using? I only ask as Rabbits are lactose intollerant, so you can't use regular milk.

I'm really sorry about whats happened :( Perhaps mum smelt you on the babies and got confused and upset.

oh - how terrible!!

Really wishing for a happy ever after here!! Best of luck!!

xxx

i went to pets at home and ask the vets and they gave me special milk...i dnt think it was me...i feared she had rejected them before i picked the little one up....i made sure id stroked her and rubbed my hand in her little pria so that she cldnt smell me...she just didnt want to be a mummy i supose :(

Oh no, I really hope the remaining babies will be ok xxx I know quite a few people whose rabbits have rejected their babies :(

:( aww no.sometimes the mothers abandon the nest because they know something is wrong with the babies or they just dont want be a mum

Back