• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fibreplex and Bio-lapis For Frankie

crazyames

Warren Scout
While at the Pets at home store I noticed Frankie's old vet on the vet counter while I was getting some more supplies and told her about Frankie's long journey and what I should do as he wasn't eating at all since we arrived.

She suggested Fibreplex (which I think is the same as the Fibrevore Recovery Paste I have in my Rabbit first aid kit which is on it's last month anyway) so I took that from her along with some Bio-lapis as he refused to drink every time I offered his bottle (and usually he'll take some at some point during the journey too) He's not a stranger to these things and neither am I but my question is:

Now I've returned home to discover he's eaten his whole bowl of food and is nomming on his timothy hay should I still give it to him or will it be bad if I do so? I don't want to make him sick if he really isn't sick at all.

-nod- That's what I thought. I'll just pop it in his first aid kit then. You never know when it'll come in handy.

Bunnies are wee blighters, they just do things to worry you, then you run out and spend a fortune and they just act all normal!

Bunnies are wee blighters, they just do things to worry you, then you run out and spend a fortune and they just act all normal!

Amen to that lol. Still, I'd rather worry and get the stuff than not bother and find out he did need it after all. Better safe than sorry ^_^

Amen to that lol. Still, I'd rather worry and get the stuff than not bother and find out he did need it after all. Better safe than sorry ^_^

Absolutely!
We went away for a long weekend and the morning we left, Salt decided to refuse his breakfast, little toerag! I gave him some critical care and tummy rubs and left a note for the petsitter (who comes in twice a day).
Lo and behold he was absolutely fine - he just wanted me to worry about him on my holiday.

thats why we never mention the H.O.L.I.D.A.Y word in our house:lol: you can guarantee some bun will be ill:roll: we have already had to pts a piggie and rush another to the vet over the past 2 weeks:roll:

Back