• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny poop advice please

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello, I need some advice. Jenson doesn't appear to leaving me any poops in his cage today.
When I got up today there was the usual pile plus scattering across his cage, so I swept them up but nothing since (either that or he's hiding them).
I'm supposed to be taking him to my parents for Christmas today but I don't want to leave till he does some bunny business.

Should I be worried, usually I'm at work during the day and he is dozy during the day at weekends.
He is eating and currently is chilling out.

Hello, I need some advice. Jenson doesn't appear to leaving me any poops in his cage today.
When I got up today there was the usual pile plus scattering across his cage, so I swept them up but nothing since (either that or he's hiding them).
I'm supposed to be taking him to my parents for Christmas today but I don't want to leave till he does some bunny business.

Should I be worried, usually I'm at work during the day and he is dozy during the day at weekends.
He is eating and currently is chilling out.

Most bunnies snooze/sleep between 10am and 4pm. I'd keep an eye on him and make sure he carries on eating and they'll come along. Has anything changed in his environment, that may have stressed him a little?

Hi Graham, the only thing that's changed is I have a cold today but I haven't even put up the decorations or done anything to pack up any of his stuff yet.
I've been sticking food in front of him and he eats it so maybe he just wants to sleep. The reason I wanted to get on the road was because I wanted to drive him while he was sleepy instead of later when he'll be more lively (not to mention miss some traffic).

Hi Graham, the only thing that's changed is I have a cold today but I haven't even put up the decorations or done anything to pack up any of his stuff yet.
I've been sticking food in front of him and he eats it so maybe he just wants to sleep. The reason I wanted to get on the road was because I wanted to drive him while he was sleepy instead of later when he'll be more lively (not to mention miss some traffic).

I find Biccy doesn't do barely anything during the day in comparison to very early morning / evening / night. He'll do barely none from 10-4 but at ~4:30pm he'll empty out and there will be a hooooge pile. I think you'll be okay.

If your feelnig a little stressed, he may have picked up on that, i know bunnies can do that, Biscuit certainly does.

Hope he's okay and i hope you get to where you need to go with the least amount of hassle :wave:

Thank you Graham for replying to my mad thread! Really appriciate it.

We've just had a few smallish but healthly looking pile and he's munching hay, so we're going to pack up the car then pack up his stuff.

I'll update when I get a chance later, my Mum has people coming later but outside rather than indoors so he'll be able to chill quietly indoors at the back of the house, I'm mad and taking his whole set up!!!

Thank you Graham for replying to my mad thread! Really appriciate it.

We've just had a few smallish but healthly looking pile and he's munching hay, so we're going to pack up the car then pack up his stuff.

I'll update when I get a chance later, my Mum has people coming later but outside rather than indoors so he'll be able to chill quietly indoors at the back of the house, I'm mad and taking his whole set up!!!

Don't worry about it, they like to try and make us worry!

It's not mad at all.

Biscuit & Ginger are travelling to my parents on boxing day and thats 200 miles away, 3hrs or so. I'm also taking their whole setup :shock: Thats a 48" XXL dog crate + the 2nd level i built with the ramp and all their toys and trays :lol:

Got lots to put in the car!

Hope you have an awesome Christmas :wave:

Quick update, (I did try yesterday but the connection here kept falling over).

Shortly after I shut down my laptop, Jenson made proper use of his tray (which made me feel much happier about taking him) and we made good time on the M4. Jenson seemed quite happy and started munching the minute I put him in his cage (he did have hay in the carrier but clearly didn't want to eat and travel!).

He seems to have settled in fine, even with everyone here, although I wouldn't let everyone in to see in all in one go when we arrived (I'm so overprotective and my OH has given me a hard time about it).

Today he had a present that my Mum had got him, so he has a willow twist, a carrot twisty thing, willow sticks and a fruit favoured wood thing (?). We haven't got him a present yet, but I think a trip in the sales is coming!!!

Graham, thanks once again for being a voice of calm :D
I wish you a safe and uneventful jouney tomorrow :wave:
Merry Christmas

Glad all went well. Glad he settled well.

Thanks for good journey vibes....quite Nervous but I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks :)

Enjoy your time away ... I have a long trip down the m4 also!

Back