• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear, I am in the bad books with Spenser ...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I tried to pick him up. He was very, VERY cross. :evil: I think I was to gentle. He is sulking in his bedroom, although he did accept a treat. I may go poo-hunting shortly, as he had lots of extra hay and straw upstairs last night and there are not as many poos in his basin as normal. Better leave him alone for a bit first. :roll:

:lol: A couple of my buns do that if I pick them up , Furby bangs her back paws and kicks out when I put her down but she usually comes round after a few minutes.

I always get thumped at when i've had to pick either of mine up :roll:
I'm sure he will come round again, there aren't many that can't be bribed with food :lol:

good luck with the poo hunting - its a great game isn't it?!

I always get thumped at when i've had to pick either of mine up :roll:
I'm sure he will come round again, there aren't many that can't be bribed with food :lol:

good luck with the poo hunting - its a great game isn't it?!

The places they turn up ... :roll: Spenser is quite tidy for an unneutered buck, but sometimes it seems he just can't be bothered to move to his basin. I often find 20+ where he has chosen to sit for his afternoon doze.:lol: I found one in my fleece pocket once. :shock:

The places they turn up ... :roll: Spenser is quite tidy for an unneutered buck, but sometimes it seems he just can't be bothered to move to his basin. I often find 20+ where he has chosen to sit for his afternoon doze.:lol: I found one in my fleece pocket once. :shock:

Don't worry, im in Biccy's bad books for the same reason Susie!

I have the wounds to prove it too though, not sure if you have any. My hands and chest are thoroughly ruined. I have blood everywhere and yes, its mine, not his. Just a bit of fur from him. I can't use my left hand properly currently due to very bad scratches :shock:

That said, i got the cuddle i picked him up for and then put him in the temp pen whilst i cleaned them out :wave: So all in all, mission accomplished. :D

Don't worry, im in Biccy's bad books for the same reason Susie!

I have the wounds to prove it too though, not sure if you have any. My hands and chest are thoroughly ruined. I have blood everywhere and yes, its mine, not his. Just a bit of fur from him. I can't use my left hand properly currently due to very bad scratches :shock:

That said, i got the cuddle i picked him up for and then put him in the temp pen whilst i cleaned them out :wave: So all in all, mission accomplished. :D

Just heading back to the fray now ... He is busy washing off all the pollution of my temporary touch, so I will do my best to sort out his basin without offending him again. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Mine get the hump too! And start thumping! Even if i have only picked up one... the others thump too! :roll: :lol:

I hope he forgives you soon ;)

:lol: Spenser sounds just like Beano before she was spayed! She used to do such great disaproving looks if something didn't suit her! Hope you are forgiven soon! :)

:lol: Spenser sounds just like Beano before she was spayed! She used to do such great disaproving looks if something didn't suit her! Hope you are forgiven soon! :)

That's interesting ... Spenser isn't neutered yet, mainly due to cowardice on my part. :oops: He has never done any of the classic boy hormonal things like humping or feet-circling, but perhaps his hormones save themselves for when I try to have a cuddle.

That's interesting ... Spenser isn't neutered yet, mainly due to cowardice on my part. :oops: He has never done any of the classic boy hormonal things like humping or feet-circling, but perhaps his hormones save themselves for when I try to have a cuddle.

wait til he starts spraying wee at you :lol: I bet that will change your mind:shock:

wait til he starts spraying wee at you :lol: I bet that will change your mind:shock:

He's over a year old, I'd have thought if he was going to be that way inclined he would have done it by now. My friend's rabbit was humping my wrist at 4 months old. He's got teeny-weeny bits so I think he's just a bit undersexed.

I've read some of your other threads and Beano does sound just like him before she was spayed, she used to be a nightmare at times! Don't worry about neutering, as long as your vet is experienced with rabbit neutering he should be fine. Obviously it could also be Spensers personality which makes him like he is too, I wasn't sure if spaying would make Beano a little calmer but it certainly did help.

Nowt like rabbit wee in the eye.....it blinking stings... Oh & a game of hunt the raisin no better way to spend xmas eve :lol:

Dear Spencer Sparkle Pants!! He's def his own little man!! I've two the same as you know!! Tried to pick em up the other day - got back feet shook at me and a definate "Not on your nelly" from both buns!! Don't feel bad - you're still a good mummy! :D

Dear Spencer Sparkle Pants!! He's def his own little man!! I've two the same as you know!! Tried to pick em up the other day - got back feet shook at me and a definate "Not on your nelly" from both buns!! Don't feel bad - you're still a good mummy! :D

Wait till I tell him his daft Auntie still can't spell his name.:no:

It's not quite as cold tonight, but I'm still worried about him out there with no friend to snuggle. :( He seems quite happy though, and I'm sure he would go out for a scamper in the snow if I gave him half a chance. I didn't dare look to see if there is frost inside the roof of the hutch again.

Imagine trying to pick Spenser up...how norty:no::lol:

I end up in the bad book if I don't pick Sox up :lol:

He didn't used to like hugs though...and I have scars to prove it :(:shock::evil::oops: He really has changed over the last 7mths :shock::D

Imagine trying to pick Spenser up...how norty:no::lol:

I end up in the bad book if I don't pick Sox up :lol:

He didn't used to like hugs though...and I have scars to prove it :(:shock::evil::oops: He really has changed over the last 7mths :shock::D

Is that after being neutered, or just with getting older? What age is Sox? :wave:

Back