• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed from you teachers (or people with good ideas :D)

xkaytix

Warren Scout
I'm doing a sequence of lessons on texture for years 1, 3 and 5. I am struggling to think of some self assessment questions for the children on texture. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks :D

Maybe year 1 a picture of something or a sample of something and get them to describe the texture, year 3 get them to write a word describing the texture from a picture (less able to feel more recognition?) and year 5 give a texture descriptor word and get them to give an example, less association with what you told them and more thinking for themselves? Tbh Im no teacher, I just tutor, and then its GCSE or at least over 10 years old children, so might be way off :lol:

You could send them off around the classrom to find something bumpy, something smooth etc. If you get them to take pics of them with a digital camera you can say that you are being 'cross curricular' and incorporating ICT!! :roll: We have to be cross curricular don't we!? Bring maths in and make a class bar graph/pictogram for younger ones of how many smooth, rough etc things they found.

Write poems - eg What is rough?
An Elephants skin is rough

What is smooth?
A baby's soft cheek is smooth

etc

Extend for older children to use similies - The mans chin was as rough as a .........

The baby's skin was as smooth as a ........

Can't think of any more - I'm a tired P3 teacher on holiday!!! :wave:

Back