• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed?

racheljessica

Alpha Buck
I saw the most beautiful bunny today. Unfortunately he was in pets at home but it was love at first sight. :love: I had to ring my husband up so he could talk me out of bringing him home with me.

I'm not sure what breed he was. He was a lop eared blue eyed bunny. He had grey fur and a small triangle of white fur round his nose. I was wondering if anyone knew the breed and also does anyone have any pics of any? :)

I too was in pets at home yesterday and fell in love with a rabbit they had :love: it was white with grey/blue coloured patches and one ear up/one ear down. Struggled not to buy it as was really contemplating it and knew it would probably end up in someone's tiny hutch in a back garden and not get much attention :(

I'm actually still contemplating wither i should phone to see if it's still there :roll:

I too was in pets at home yesterday and fell in love with a rabbit they had :love: it was white with grey/blue coloured patches and one ear up/one ear down. Struggled not to buy it as was really contemplating it and knew it would probably end up in someone's tiny hutch in a back garden and not get much attention :(

I'm actually still contemplating wither i should phone to see if it's still there :roll:

It's hard isn't it :( I felt like getting him even though it goes against my beliefs. But on a practicle side of it I don't have anywhere to put him either. I need a bigger house :roll:

We can't know the breed. Its difficult to tell on a baby, let alone by explanation. Could be any type of lop, or a lop cross. He sounds like a vienna marked rabbit, but as to whether its chinchilla, blue, smoke pearl, etc, its unknown without pics.

We can't know the breed. Its difficult to tell on a baby, let alone by explanation. Could be any type of lop, or a lop cross. He sounds like a vienna marked rabbit, but as to whether its chinchilla, blue, smoke pearl, etc, its unknown without pics.

Thanks. I've not seen a bunny like him before but I've just been looking on pics on google and think he might be a vienna marked blue. Hard to tell though as I can't find any pics that look quite like him.

Thanks. I've not seen a bunny like him before but I've just been looking on pics on google and think he might be a vienna marked blue. Hard to tell though as I can't find any pics that look quite like him.

The vienna gene produces such a wide variety of different markings that you'll be hard pushed to find two identical. I have a vienna marked black, you can find him on 'Badger's Happy Times Diary' on the photos section, and there are many others on the forum too; if you search vienna you are likely to find some. Kaths101 Mittens is also a vienna.

The vienna gene produces such a wide variety of different markings that you'll be hard pushed to find two identical. I have a vienna marked black, you can find him on 'Badger's Happy Times Diary' on the photos section, and there are many others on the forum too; if you search vienna you are likely to find some. Kaths101 Mittens is also a vienna.

Thanks for that. He was a bit like Mittens but grey and a smaller triangle round his nose :)

Back