• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I buy cheap willow toys?

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I've asked this before without much luck, but thought I'd try again in case anyone has any ideas...

Where can I buy cheap willow toys for the buns to chew? I have 30 rabbits here, so bulk buying is definitely an option...but I really can't afford to pay much per toy due to horrendously high vet bills for all the poorly buns I take in here.

Any ideas?

I don't know Amy I'm afraid :oops: but could you ask to see if anyone on freecycle if they have apple or willow trees in their gardens & if they'd be willing to cut you some branches off them etc?

A kind lady on ours last year gave me absolutely stacks, which the buns loved :)

I don't know Amy I'm afraid :oops: but could you ask to see if anyone on freecycle if they have apple or willow trees in their gardens & if they'd be willing to cut you some branches off them etc?

A kind lady on ours last year gave me absolutely stacks, which the buns loved :)

We quite lucky that we have a couple of apple trees, but we pruned them in autumn for the buns and they've been used up already :(

You've given me an idea though Denise...we live next to the Trent, so I might have a walk down the embankment looking for willow trees :D

Do you have a 'The Range' up there? They do four willow sticks/toys for something like £2.99.

Andrea shops at a places called batleys i think thats what its called she said there really cheap

Do you have a 'The Range' up there? They do four willow sticks/toys for something like £2.99.

Yes, you get a pack of 4 for £2.99. Unfortunately my boys just ignored them so they lurked under the hutch until the mould started to grow :roll:

Yes, you get a pack of 4 for £2.99. Unfortunately my boys just ignored them so they lurked under the hutch until the mould started to grow :roll:

Mine LOVED them! but then I have plenty of bunnies to choose from so if some dislike them, someone else will inevitably like them. :lol: Yours are too fussy.

Back