• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my mum has stolen my rabbits!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
For those who don't know, I go to uni and my mum looks after the buns while I am away, it means I dont see them for 2 months at a time sometimes :( and when she started looking after them, she was doing it as a favour to me so I could go, because she knew I wouldnt if they werent going to be okay.

Im now in my third year, and i know she loves them really. When Peanut Butter died she was very upset and cried, and she always goes into PAH and buys them treats, this year shes even got them a christmas present.

and on the phone to my auntie the other day who has 2 bunnies, she said "Yes, well we brought ours in, it was just too cold for them" and i went "OUR BUNNIES? When did we make that arrangment?" and she laughed.

Then...yesterday i was cleaning them out and they were being little monkeys, and i went "hello you little *******" and she went "SARAH JANE, do NOT call them that!"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And then I couldnt find her yesterday and shes sat stroking Pebbles!

Have I lost my babies? :lol:

she insists she doesnt but she SO does. She doesnt love them as much as me, I think Pebbles is by far her favourite. She said Peanut was always her fave but hes gone now :(

She thinks Domino is "weird looking and fat" but she does love him too :lol: She sat looking through their snow photos the other day and was all happy they were binkying. And then I sent the photos in to Look East as they were doing snow photos, and she recorded it "in case" theyre photo got on!
:roll::lol:

My parents held out for 8 months against my campaign for a rabbit, and now they dote on him. Mum bought him kale for his Christmas noms, as I don't give him it very often because of its calcium content. :roll:

Aww! See bunnies have this way of wrapping people around their little paws don't they?! even my OH who dislike rabbits changed his mind when Joejoe nearly died a year ago and even got Jess, Joes husbun! And he's always sneaking out there now giving them little treats and noserubs :):)

What a relief for you though knowing they are being really well cared for while you are away! :wave:

My parents, OH's parents, brothers and sister all love Bramble now. They didn't take much notice of him at first, but now they all adore him. He's got Christmas cards and pressies from all of them! :lol:

Its funny isnt it! :lol:

And even my dog Bonnie, I know she loved her, but she told me recently she really struggled with losing her in February because it was like I had gone, because having Bonnie when I was at uni made it feel like I was still there, and when Bonnie was gone it felt so empty.

my dad never really understood why we got bunnies, we have family dogs and he understands that but when hubby and i got bunnies he really didnt get it

now he is sat round there having got up super early to go get food for boxing day and is watching our two terrors to make sure everything stays calm! :lol:

Sounds like my parents. My Mum hated the idea to begin with, she's not an animal person, but now she coos over them and talks to them :lol:

Aww bless her. My mum often cleans out the bunnies if I have done a 12 hour shift at work so they don't need to be done so late and I think she really likes doing it! She's always telling me what Max has been up to and checking that they're okay :love:

Last edited:
My mum and dad are exactly the same, both have sent text after text when either of my two have been ill.:roll::lol:

She found a wooden box and said "I found this out for the bunnies, we can put their christmas dinner in it and they can chew it after!" i was like "It doesnt look like the right type of wood for them to have" and she went "oh......okay" and put it in the bin!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like my mum, insists she feels nothing for them, go outside one day and her cooing to them in their run. And shes always giving them veg from her vegetable patch :roll::lol:

My mum told me I was, under no circumstances, having any animals in the house.

I got the bunnies while I was still living at her house and she said they were very nice in a "I'm not happy that you've got them" kind of way, but she was clearly furious I'd got them and often complained.
I've since moved out and occassionally I'll go in to the garden and she'll have come to visit them. Not a word of hello to me, she just likes to pop in and make sure they're still happy and well cared for :lol:

Back