• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Excel Hay?

Lu_x

Mama Doe
Hi All,

I went to my vets last night (just for Diego's boosters) and discovered a couple of new excel hays- or at least they're new to me :lol:

Here's a link and they;re at the top of the page- Timothy hay and birch bark and timothy hay and camomile! They have been added to Josie, Velcro and Alice's Crimbo pile!

http://www.burgesspetcare.co.uk/shop/rabbit.html

They look quite good and will make an interesting change and I thought some of peoples more fussy buns might enjoy!

:wave:

They've had these in Jollyes for a while. I haven't bought them because they work out quite expensive. It's £2.50 for 500g. The herbage and forage are 1kg bags but less than £5. What I reall wish excel would do is to make their hay longer. It's all been short bits lately and the buns don't tend to eat these much :?

mine didn't like the birch bark hay but I didn't know about the other one. I'll keep my eyes open. the other one I got as a free sample from my vets. Maybe I need to drop some hints. :lol:

mine eat anything - I used to get them the camomile one as it smells lovely but the little bags don't last very long with my 2 :shock:
I'd agree with stator that the excel stuff is all quite short chop though. Mine get some excel and some very stalky farm stuff each day - I don't think the excel stuff alone would be good enough for their teefs.

The 1kg bags of hay (Herbage and Forage) are tiny, surely you can't even get a handful out of these new 500g ones? Mine love herbage and forage, I pack their hutches with it and even use it as bedding and it's soon gone

mine love them both......vet uk do them the cheapest, £1.80 a pack I think.

That's a good price! I got them for £2.20 each which was still less than pets at home sell the 1kg bags of original excel herbage.

It's not really for anything other than a christmas treat as it's different to their plan timothy hay and orchard grass! It's expensive but they're worth it!

Back