• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adonia has left me :( Thankyou for the vibes , My little girl is out of pain now x

Ambience

Warren Veteran
She died this morning at the vets after i called them out to take her. They thought she had EC as she was laying on the floor barely moving.

All her life she suffered with snuffles, for two years she was on antibiotics and then off them for 2 years with flare ups of it from time to time.

She gave up today at the vets. I wish i'd have spent more time with her. After moving to our new house, she didn't get as much attention as i would have liked to have given her and i'm so sorry i couldn't have snuggled her more before she passed away.

I'm in tears and i've only just come to post to update those who kind enough to help me with her troubles earlier.

I still believe her lungs had given up because of the pasturella and she had perhaps had a mini stroke, if rabbits can have such a thing. It was like her lungs were collapsed and she was so weak and not getting oxygen.

I wish i'd have asked the vets to put her on oxygen or just done something anything else i could to save her. She went down hill so fast. I wish i'd have noticed sooner.

I did give her a kiss this morning before she left with the vet and stroked her. I wish i got to snuggle her one last time.

She was truly an angel who lit up my world. I feel so sad and devastated without her.

I hope her soul is somewhere safe. I can feel her essence in my thoughts, but i wish she was here to say goodbye to. I never really got to say goodbye.

I thought she was coming back.
I will be with you always my darling in spirit , i love you adonia x

Thankyou for letting me share tonight. My heart is breaking :( I've had to be strong for my other bunnies. Ava is in the hospital with her back legs in a state. I hope i don't have to let her go too.

I've never felt as close to a bunny as i did adonia. She was my baby, she truly was.

I know now though that she is out of pain. She couldn't breath in her last moments and i think she had had enough. She was crawling under the radiators to die.

I wish we had kept her here to pass away at home , but i didn't know she wouldn't make it.

I'm truly sorry my little angel i really am- i hope you forgive me and if there is a spirit world, you know you can find my soul and i'll stay with you and hold you in my arms until my last breath here on this earth too.

I'm thinking of my darling tonight. Thankyou for letting me share here. Sorry if i don't make any sense. I just loved her so much.

p.s How do you ever stop crying :(

Last edited:
thinking of you at this sad time , you did everything you could hun and the last act of kindness was to have her put to sleep she will be at the bridge now saying thankyou mummy i'm at peace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:cry:

SO sorry for your loss i had my girl put to sleep last week and before i could take my boy he passed away this morning. I am finding it hard as they was my therapy when i was going through a bad few months. Rip To your little girl x x

thinking of you at this sad time , you did everything you could hun and the last act of kindness was to have her put to sleep she will be at the bridge now saying thankyou mummy i'm at peace xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:cry:

She didn't get to be put to sleep as they thought she had EC and was going to give her lapizole- if i had known i'd have asked them, as it was her breathing. So she lay at the vets dying unable to breathe. I feel so terribly guilty for not having done more.

Thankyou for your kind thoughts , i don't really understand rainbow bridge. I hope she is okay , i love her xx

SO sorry for your loss i had my girl put to sleep last week and before i could take my boy he passed away this morning. I am finding it hard as they was my therapy when i was going through a bad few months. Rip To your little girl x x

Thankyou Zoelou- I hope she is okay i really do. I do believe the soul lives on. I just hope she isn't lost. I hope she know's what to do. I hope she is being taken care of :( xx

I know how you feel i am feeling very sad at the moment . . :shock:

Have you lost a bunny recently too- i seem to remember you posting something about a bunny that was struggling? I've been so caught up in all the problems here, i haven't had chance to catch up on the forum much.

My thoughts are with you also xxx

Oh god, i don't know how to let go of her. I still keep thinking she is going to come back. Sitting here looking at her empty indoor cage is unbearable. I don't know how to stop crying i really don't. What do you do to distract yourself from the sadness. What do you do to let go and to grieve :(

Oh god, i don't know how to let go of her. I still keep thinking she is going to come back. Sitting here looking at her empty indoor cage is unbearable. I don't know how to stop crying i really don't. What do you do to distract yourself from the sadness. What do you do to let go and to grieve :(

*major hugs*

Only time and tears will help, I'm afraid. I lost my little Mina less than a week ago, and the pain hasn't waned. But crying helps, and letting yourself feel whatever you need to feel. People here on this forum have been amazingly supportive and understanding. I tortured myself the first few nights, doing what you're doing--staring at her cage, agonizing over what I might have done differently.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Adonia. It may take time, but you will come to understand that you really did do all you could for her, and in the end, you made a difficult decision out of love for your girl. My heart and thoughts are with you. xxx

hey sweety - I am so very sorry for you loss...Binky free little Adonia xxx
You called the vet and did the best you did for your little one, she knew you loved her & was doing your best....wish I could make you feel better.....be strong in knowing you careing so much for your buns & you have done the best you could at the time...you got her the best help she could have got....Im sure now she is no longer struggling and will know how much you loved her.....big hugs ...I wish I knew what else to say...Im ever so sorry....youre a good bunny mum xxxx

*major hugs*

Only time and tears will help, I'm afraid. I lost my little Mina less than a week ago, and the pain hasn't waned. But crying helps, and letting yourself feel whatever you need to feel. People here on this forum have been amazingly supportive and understanding. I tortured myself the first few nights, doing what you're doing--staring at her cage, agonizing over what I might have done differently.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your Adonia. It may take time, but you will come to understand that you really did do all you could for her, and in the end, you made a difficult decision out of love for your girl. My heart and thoughts are with you. xxx

Thankyou for your support hun. So sorry about mina also. *hugs*.

I don't know if i should get rid of the cage totally or clean it out and keep it. I also don't know if i should get her ashes or not, bring her home to be buried or have her cremated and not keep the ashes.

I've never had to do this with a bun before so i feel desperately alone with this. We always buried my cats, but this isn't our land, so i don't know. I said I'd call them back but i don't know what to say.

I didn't actually ask the vets to put her down. I wish i had done so she didn't have to suffer any longer. They said she had EC though rather than breathing problems. I knew she couldn't breathe. I feel so dreadful i didn't insist on getting her breathing help. I wish i had called them to tell them.

I just don't know what to do, maybe i should sleep on it and then sort things out in the morning :(

Thankyou for your thoughts xx

hey sweety - I am so very sorry for you loss...Binky free little Adonia xxx
You called the vet and did the best you did for your little one, she knew you loved her & was doing your best....wish I could make you feel better.....be strong in knowing you careing so much for your buns & you have done the best you could at the time...you got her the best help she could have got....Im sure now she is no longer struggling and will know how much you loved her.....big hugs ...I wish I knew what else to say...Im ever so sorry....youre a good bunny mum xxxx

Thankyou Chelle. You have really helped me with your kind words. I did love adonia so much. I still do. I just wish i had cuddled her more towards the end. I wish i'd realized it was the last time i was going to see her and that i could have done something more to ease her pain. My little darling i hope she does know i love her. I truly do and i hope she forgives me for not being with her in her final moments when she passed away at the vets. I'm going to go to bed now and try sleep.

Thankyou hun truly. I really appreciate it xxx

Thankyou for your support hun. So sorry about mina also. *hugs*.

I don't know if i should get rid of the cage totally or clean it out and keep it. I also don't know if i should get her ashes or not, bring her home to be buried or have her cremated and not keep the ashes.

I've never had to do this with a bun before so i feel desperately alone with this. We always buried my cats, but this isn't our land, so i don't know. I said I'd call them back but i don't know what to say.

I didn't actually ask the vets to put her down. I wish i had done so she didn't have to suffer any longer. They said she had EC though rather than breathing problems. I knew she couldn't breathe. I feel so dreadful i didn't insist on getting her breathing help. I wish i had called them to tell them.

I just don't know what to do, maybe i should sleep on it and then sort things out in the morning :(

Thankyou for your thoughts xx

I opted for cremation for Mina, and I just got her ashes back today. I'm really glad I chose this because I feel significantly better having her back here, even if not in the way I wish. They did a beautiful job with her--gave her to me in a small wooden box etched with flowers, her ashes in a velvet pouch inside. They gave me a card with the Rainbow Bridge story in it, a certificate to ensure me that it is Mina, and a lock of her fur inside a bag. I don't know if all places take this much care, but I feel like they did take a great deal of care in this.

I understand feeling torn and terrible about things. I wasn't allowed to be with Mina when they let her sleep, and that really haunts me. I hate that I couldn't hold her while she rested her eyes one last time. I feel guilty that I didn't make that difficult choice days earlier, when I could have held her at our usual vet who would have allowed it. But then I also know that she wasn't ready to give up days earlier, and I realize that this was the only way.

I think it's normal to grieve like this. That you'll question yourself and the choices you made, and you'll want someone to blame so you might turn that blame on yourself. Your girl knows how much you love her. Take comfort in that, and trust that things will get better in time.

I haven't been able to get rid of Mina's cage either. I am not ready to, as I'm not sure that I won't get another bunny later on after I've healed. I think you'll know what is right for you. If seeing the cage causes you too much pain, you might want to get rid of it. It helped me to clean her cage up, tidy up her room, and put everything away. Her cage is still there, but all sterilized and empty, and I placed a few storage bins next to it so it feels "different" somehow in there. Maybe doing something similar could help you as well?

I'm so sorry Ambience :cry: will be thinking of you today ((hugs))

Adonia, binky free at the bridge, watch over your Mummy xxx

My heart really goes out to reading this. I wish I could say you will wake up tomorrow and feel better.Your bunny was so loved and cherished otherwise you would not be feeling like this and your bunny will know that. She will be up in bunny heaven with all the other bunnies and forever company and pain free. You did your best by taking her to the vet. If you had kept her at home maybe you would of wished that you had taken her to the vet so you did what was best. I lost my Rocky two weeks today and I still am grieving.I took him to the vet and brought him home, he was with us another 10 hrs before he passed away and I feel guilty i didnt take him back to the vet so there is always something we wished we had done differently. He is buried in the garden and it is nice to talk to him and to know he is near. I hope you can look back soon with fondest memories as I hope I will.xxx

Back