• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wonder could I get this little hammy???

Oh please do!!! What a gorgeous boy (and look at the cage he is in! :shock:), he really needs a good home.

I adopted a hammy which came with a similar sized cage, she didn't know what to do with herself when she moved into a bigger cage, but ended up very happy.

I think you should. This was why I wanted you to reconsider using P@H out of desperation as there are so many out there like this. That cage is tiny but will do until you get yours sorted as it seems like the ham will have the rest of it's life in it anyway if someone buys it. So sad.

My hamsters carry case is bigger than that, definately go for it if the wee soul hasn't been taken already.:(

Definitely get him.
What a fab xmas present for you and him....you get a gorgeous hamster and he gets a fabulous new home :D

I hate people who post ads like this, saying they are fed up or have lost interest in the animal, it's so sad.

I rescued a hammy from someone on gumtree earlier this year. The person gave the same reason....her children had got bored of him :(
He came in a tiny little cage too. I put him into a Hamster heaven and he's been spoilt rotten ever since.

Well. I will if I can tomorrow. It's in a dodgy area of Belfast and I don't want to go on my own. If my sister can we will go together tomorrow. Rang the guy and he said he would meet me in a carpark. Want the hammy but have to think of my own safety first! Not sure how to arrange this.... will if I can.:cry:

I'm too chicken to click on the link having read the other posts ... but I hope you get the wee fellow. :wave:

:censored: just a month!! How horrible :( :( Glad you are trying to adopt the little fella. Aww the poor thing! If i saw that in my area i don't think i would be able to stop myself!

I would get him, bear in mind he looks long haired so youll need to groom him often, be prepared to cut knots out of his fur, he may be in a bit of a state if the child has lost interest.

Also in regards to your other thread about the cage, dont order one yet.
If he is going to be a bar chewer he already will be in such a small cage. So wait and see what hes like in it. If he does not chew consider getting him a barred cage so he can climb :) If he does chew this may stop or reduce if you move him to a bigger cage and hes less bored, but it also may not, particularly if hes already addicted to the behavior so may be safer to get him a zoozone/ferplast duna type cage.

Hope youve collected him :love:

I would get him, bear in mind he looks long haired so youll need to groom him often, be prepared to cut knots out of his fur, he may be in a bit of a state if the child has lost interest.

Also in regards to your other thread about the cage, dont order one yet.
If he is going to be a bar chewer he already will be in such a small cage. So wait and see what hes like in it. If he does not chew consider getting him a barred cage so he can climb :) If he does chew this may stop or reduce if you move him to a bigger cage and hes less bored, but it also may not, particularly if hes already addicted to the behavior so may be safer to get him a zoozone/ferplast duna type cage.

Hope youve collected him :love:

Well, I think she'll have some news when she's on later :wave:

Oooh - i hope you get her. She looks like my Lily - she was a darling. :love:

ETA: It's a him - so sorry! Hope he has a happy new forever home with you!! :D

Back