• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Homer please-u/d little monkey again

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
:DCame in tonight to him refusing food and was lying down. Last time o/h gave him something to eat was about 4 which he had. He is accepting Fenugreek crunchies only. He has been pooping.

I took him to vets and they can find nothing physically wrong with him (he saw 2 vets who gave him good look over) but as a precaution they have given him sub cut, baytril and painkiller. His tummy appears to sound OK too apparently.

They said they could keep him in to monitor him but he may be just as well at home as he would prob be more comfortable. Obviously if he gets worse or shows any other signs we will take him straight back.

We have brought him in in with heating off (but won't let it get too cold either).

I am so worried about my little man.

Last edited:
oh no not again hope he picks up soon is he drinking? Could you give him very watered down critical care

Thank you, we left him for 10 mins and he has now eaten a small piece of spring cabbage and tiny piece of carrot. I have left him in peace again with another peice of cabbage. He also has pellets and herb if he wants them.

oh no not again hope he picks up soon is he drinking? Could you give him very watered down critical care

He came in and had a small drink. I have some pineapple which I can add to water to tempt him if need be too. I do have some science recovery in my first aid kit so will use that if I need to.

I have to take him to the local vet tomorrow in case he needs more painkiller/anti-biotics.

Scary - they mentioned pneumonia (start of but said he sound clear so didn't think it was that), arthritis, myxi (but don't think that), organs because of his age, checked him for abcess etc and lots of other things. My head is a bit of shed!

Thank you all for the vibes. A little update at 3am.......

I have just got up to check on Homer, he has had some more cabbage, little bit of carrot top, funugreek crunchie. So far not interested in pellets. He is not showing "usual" signs of dental problems but never say never.

I have just had him hopping about as no poops since 9pm. He went back into bed and kindly did me about 8 pellets.

Hi - Thank you for the vibes and asking how he is.

I was up again about 6 and he ate another cabbage leaf. He is pooping but I can't see any wee anywhere. He is semi-bright but not my normal cheeky chappy.

The emergency vet from last night called me at 6,15 (just as I was going off again :roll:) to see how he was. He is suspecting it may be his teeth as he has eaten something but is still quiet.

I will be taking Homey to the local vet again this morning. I am not convinced it is his teeth as he had a dental 2 weeks ago and they normally last 4 weeks. Also he is not showing his "usual" signs. but I guess we can't rule it out completely either.

Is there anything I should be asking for (not sure if he had metacloprode last night as never got the bill - one vet said they would give it but other vet never mentioned he had given it).

ETA - just found wee on his blanket.

Last edited:
I think what meds he needs depends on what the Vet finds on examination.
Pain relief is obviously an essential.

Good luck at his appointment this morning xx

I think what meds he needs depends on what the Vet finds on examination.
Pain relief is obviously an essential.

Good luck at his appointment this morning xx

Thank you Jane. I will go to my "local" vet if it is the vet I know, if not another opinion will be got form Rykat's vet which is near me (they go for vaccs there) if anything needs doing as he is lives over the practice and is nearer than emergency should Homer have to stay in.

I have just put him and Katy together, she so misses him but also knows he is not well. He brightened up too but is still just stitting there now. She groomed him then bunny flopped right round him and put her paw over his head. :love:

He was given a painkiller beginning with a B last night which they said would last for 24 hours. They did not want to give metacam in case it could have been his kidneys.

Don't know much about the one with a B :?

Last edited:
Back