• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
Thank you for all your advice i really appreciate it very much. . I just went to check on the kits unfortunately one of them as got the runs, vets first thing for us. . It really as come at a bad time for us we have no money due to hub been off sick with a hernia and more time off in January for the operation. . I really want to help my babies and wish i could see into the future that this was going to happen. . I really am stuck in a rut because i help my babies the best i can and i feel so disappointed in myself. . X

hun i know all too well what a misery it is for the money to be so tight....i really do:(

BUT this little one will not make the night...coccidias a swine.....please ring a vet and explain your situation....

hmm just thought....are you getting any benefits with your hubby not being at work?
the pdsa will help for a donation....not sure if you have one nearby. is there an rspca clinic perhaps.....lower costs.

it has to be doen..ive waited till morning and lost a bun..but then i was in dire straits too...its not easy...

i seem to get all the sick buns or the buns get sick after coming to me..i think i am the pet grim reaper sometimes.

please at least ring a vet and explain the situation..if theyd let youy pay after xmas etc.

lots of places will not demand payment now if you explain. Please go to the vets even if it is to end the poor kits suffering :(

No we are not entitled due to him been classed as self employed.
Our vets do not do that as i have tried before, we also have problems with transport and we simply can't keep borrowing money off people all the time. We also have 3 children.

I feel so bad words can't describe :cry:

The Kit will DIE if you do not get him/her to a Vet tonight. I am trying VERY hard not to lose it here, but seriously there is no point posting thread after thread about ill Rabbits then ignoring all advice to take them to a Vet. You claim to have had contact with the Vet today so he/she is aware of the problem. I am sure the Vet will give URGENT AND ESSENTIAL treatment to the sick Kit and will probably agree to you paying in installments.

Please listen to this advice and call the Vet now.

The Kit will DIE if you do not get him/her to a Vet tonight. I am trying VERY hard not to lose it here, but seriously there is no point posting thread after thread about ill Rabbits then ignoring all advice to take them to a Vet. You claim to have had contact with the Vet today so he/she is aware of the problem. I am sure the Vet will give URGENT AND ESSENTIAL treatment to the sick Kit and will probably agree to you paying in installments.

I am taking all the advice in! Why am i ignoring i have been sat here reading it all going on the net searching! My vets will not do that i can totally assure you.

I am taking all the advice in! Why am i ignoring i have been sat here reading it all going on the net searching! My vets will not do that i can totally assure you.

Please take the poor animal to the vets. What other options do you have? Are you just going to post here and watch your bunnies die one by one? :(

And i can assure you i won't be posting any more threads or updates now that came across as good advice and nasty to me at the same time! Do you know how hard this is for me i have had rabbits all my life never has this happened to me! So maybe i am not fit for animals !

No harm calling the vet but I know my vet will not accept part payments under any circumstances. When my cat was run over the bill was just under 400.00 and I had 300.00 of it but they wouldn't give me Misty until I paid it all, even after explaining my pay went into the bank the next day and I would call back with it, had to get brother to rush to the cashpoint and lend me it. They even have a notice up in the waiting room saying they need payment in full. I don't know what to advise as it must be so heartbreaking when you know you haven't got the money or someone to borrow it from :cry:

Its no good getting angry with ZoeLou she is trying her utmost. ZoeLou phone the PDSA or local animal charity they might be able to help you even if you think they cant.

No harm calling the vet but I know my vet will not accept part payments under any circumstances. When my cat was run over the bill was just under 400.00 and I had 300.00 of it but they wouldn't give me Misty until I paid it all, even after explaining my pay went into the bank the next day and I would call back with it, had to get brother to rush to the cashpoint and lend me it. They even have a notice up in the waiting room saying they need payment in full. I don't know what to advise as it must be so heartbreaking when you know you haven't got the money or someone to borrow it from :cry:

Thanks for your support i appreciate it x x

Please at least call the vet for advice for your bunnies, it would be awful for them all to die because they haven't had treatment :(

Last edited:

Good advice... my vet for one would NEVER refuse to treat ill animals regardless of payment

Extract from The Animal Welfare Act:

The five welfare needs

This means pet owners are now legally obliged to care for their pet properly - which most owners already do - by providing these five basic needs:

somewhere suitable to live

a proper diet, including fresh water

the ability to express normal behaviour

for any need to be housed with, or apart from, other animals

protection from, and treatment of, illness and injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back