• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg shes gone through my bin and ate a mouldy carrot!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
yep bluebells rebelled against two vets visits in 2 days and has gone through the bag for the green bin...i hadnt finished cleaning up..under my freezer a carrot once did roll..ewww mouldy and dried up.
i heard the bag and presumed it was those pesky kitts again..omg no.

will she be ok ..it was orrible a mummified mouldy carrot and she ate half of it.

i have the fresh ones to warm up for tonight along with the greens...why decide to eat somehting like that in the first place..none of my other buns would have..if the carrot was a few hrs past best by date theyd turn their noses up!!:lol:

no seriously im worried sick now. shes on baytril :lol:so will that help her with the mould?

I'm not sure but I think she'll prob be okay if she already on Baytril. Mine have never eaten anything mouldy but when my greens cabbages are looking a bit wilted and past their best I throw them all out for fresh and several times I've had to chase Frasier off snarfling the old ones in the rubbish bag and hes been fine. Maybe just keep an eye on her. xxx

why is it always the frenchies who rifle the bins instead of eating the hay?

gods i hope shell be ok....ive missed on dose of baytril as she had to go the vet this morning as her temp was still a bit up if her ears were anyhting to go by! but shed gone from being manic to very very quiet and still so off i took her convinced she was dying of what her sister died of....and the vet was like no shes fine but i get why the worry. the baytril and metacam should cover bacterial infection...and the baycox should hopefully give the coccidia a kicking.
but then tonight she does this...i cant get my wheelie bin lid open it froze solid just after lunch!

oh gods im worried sick now......

Don't get me started on savage beastie frenchies:lol: I was sat on the floor earlier with a tin of Roses chocs open and Darcy nose-dived into trying chomp a choc. I had to airlift him out of it before he eat one!!! I have to keep the lid firmly shut far away from now. Its not like they don't get fed lots veg, hay and treats. :roll::love:

she is indeed a BARC bunny..she was known as moppet;) now called bluebell.

lol i have had buns and they lops are all choccy obssessed..whyu i dont know..they dont get choccy so how do they know what it is?

um yes willow my old frenchie doe..she scoffed an entire tray of terrys plain chox..and spat out the coffee creams:oops::lol:

the vet said how she didnt doe of theobromine poisoning hed never know...
that bun had a cast iron gut i swear and was soo huge shes the biggest frenchie ive ever met......she stood on her hind legs and reached the kitchen worktop:shock: aND LIKE ALL FRENCHIES..WAS QUITE QUITE MAD:lol::lol:

bluebells a nutter,...hjas been from first minute in my house..her sister was the people friendly bun..so cuddly...and is missed by all of us but especially bluebell. lucky she had bertie to snuggle with.

mm are all rescue buns nuts cos im noticing a pattern here:lol:

Back