• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do they always get ill at Xmas? Update 3/1/2011

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My two respiratory buns have come down with major problems with the cold...Gremlin has a URI which is stopping her from eating properly, and her temperature is low even though she's indoors. The vet has advised moving her to the warmest room of the house, and give antibiotics, warmed sub-q fluids and syringe feeds if she can manage them with her breathing difficulties :(

Smokey came down with a URI last week, but a week on Zithromax has improved her condition no end...But now her eye has started weeping, and the vet stained her eye with dye, which showed she has a small ulcer on her eyeball :roll:

I hate this blummin cold winter! :evil:

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that the tribrissen seems to be working and Gremlin is much brighter this evening. She's eating by herself and has stopped making quacking noises when she breathes :D

Please keep your fingers crossed that she's turned a corner, and will continue to improve

Sending lots of vibes for Gremlin and Smokey xxx
Marge and Homer are sending vibes for their mummy too xxx

Glad to say that both Smokey and Gremlin's respiratory problems have cleared up nicely :D (Gremlin had a 10 day course of Tribrissen and Smokey had a 7 day course of Zithromax).

Smokey still has the ulcer on her eyeball, which seems a bit stubborn in clearing up and the vet has had to scrape off the 'scab' to try to encourage healing. She's on Fucithalmic eye ointment atm...anyone got any advice about what else I can do? :wave:

Back