• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe

I have had my rabbit since May this year, so this is my first winter caring for him. Max is an outdoor rabbit and he seems to be coping very well with the cold weather. I give him loads of hay and have covered his hutch with extra insulation, but I still lie awake at night worried he is too cold.:cry:

Has anybody out there got a "snugglesafe" ? Are they good and do you recommend them ?:wave:

Thanks

Michelle

They don't last very long outside because it's so cold, but quite a few people do use them. I would get one but save it for when it's really really cold, eg -10

I've got two, one for each of my pairs. I don't really know if they use them or not. Only ever seen Lois sit on hers once. The others just sniff it and then look at me demanding treats :roll:

I've recently acquired a snugglesafe for Spenser. I think I might be underheating it because I'm not sure of the wattage of our microwave, but I'd say they are worth the money even just to give you a sense of having tried all possible ways to keep your bunny cosy. A couple of mornings I'd ve found the snugglesafe kicked downstairs in the hutch - presumably after it goes cold.

I have 1 for each pair and 1 for our foster bun. I only use them if it goes below -5, as my buns have always lived outside and are pretty hardy! However, it's been such a severe winter this time, that I have succumbed to giving them their snugglies!

I have two snugglesafes and would really recommend them. Mine are about 5 years old and still work brilliantly. Honey will sit on hers if she is cold. The secret to keeping them warm for longer is to insulate them. I put them into Honey's bed/box which has a layer of straw/corrugated card etc underneath, then her box with more straw, her snugglesafe (with fleecy cover) and then more straw.

I have one and think it's great although I'm not convinced it lasts the full 10 hours they claim it to last. Better than nothing for sure. I've seen one of my buns definitely on it and there's often poops on it = probably been sitting on it :)

One of my bunnies definaty uses it as he arranges the straw like a nest over it and poops on it. I usuallyhave to push him off it when I remove it from the hutch to re heat. The other bunny just likes to munch the fleece!

I just got one and for the first time last night the water didn't freeze over!
the buns are too cuddly and cosy to need it but I put it under their water dish and it worked :D

I've read they have good reviews, I think I might get one for Beano and Gordon once they are bonded, where would you recommend getting one? :)

lots of places online sell them - I got mine from amazon and then won one on ebay. the prices vary greatly - both mine cost about £20 including postage. I've seen them in P@H for £22.

Thanks :) Will see if I can get them one with my christmas money, has anybody got one for any cheaper than £20? I always buy something then from a different site there will be one that is cheaper! :roll:

Thanks :) Everywhere's out of stock! No wonder with this weather! I have bought (well ordered as they haven'y come yet :roll:) some stuff from zooplus and they have these points you get everytime you buy something which you can get rewards with, I also got a free ball with a bell in it when I ordered from them too, so I might order one from there once they are back instock.

Sorry if I've hijacked the thread a little :oops:

Back