• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emergency measures to keep Spenser cosy...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... I have taken out the stairs so Spenser is shut in the upper hutch for the night. This has allowed me to move his downstairs blankie up, and to put a much bigger bank of hay and straw in the upper hutch. Spenser is now very busy rearranging everything to his likeing. He is very fond of straw, although I do wish he would snuggle in it and eat the hay!

Lat time I checked him Spenser was still bustling about rearranging things. I'll be out again shortly to change his water and make sure he is OK. I think he enjoying virually the whole of the upper hutch being covered in blankies, straw and hay.

hope he stayed snug! i must admit, esme is like a maniac when i tidy her 'room' (aka under the kitchen table we can't use because its esme's den:oops:) and spends hours rearranging it to make it 'right' - which to esme is a complete mess:D

Spenser seems to have benefited by being shut in the upper hutch. I know reducing a bunny's space is not normally a good idea, but judging by how he looks this morning I've done the right thing. :)

Spenser seems to have benefited by being shut in the upper hutch. I know reducing a bunny's space is not normally a good idea, but judging by how he looks this morning I've done the right thing. :)

You know Spenser better than anyone Susie, if you think its the right thing, im sure it is

Thanks. :wave: I have no plans for today so he can have some supervised time in our very cold conservatory to stretch his paws today if he doesn't want to go in his run. I'm wary of letting him in the run because there is lots of dirty straw and poops trodden into packed snow and he takes great delight in pickingg bits our to eat. :mrgreen: And here's me taking great care that his vveg nis at room temp before I serve it. :roll:

I'm pleased to hear he seems more comfortable - I'm sure in this extreme weather the need to keep warm is more important than a bit of extra space. :thumb:

Back