• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Severe Separation Anxiety- Rabbit to Person

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondered if anyone else has dealt with this? (I'm talking 'I'm not going to move from here, or eat anything-except fecals- unless you're in the room' type anxiety and sometimes worse, as opposed to being a bit confused or lost without someone around).

I think you know about Biscuits seperation anxiety where he won't eat/poop whilst im not in the house. That stopped after his bonding with Ginger.

Not sure i've heard of any other buns though, but other RU members are sure to pop up :)

Mini and Mischa tend to sit behind the door during the day when I'm not in the room, but no, nowhere near that bad.

Yes, until we adopted Poppy Nino would go into stasis every time we went away for a night or weekend. He would wait until the day we got back to have his episode though.... as if he had been holding on and obviously not eating enough and then when we were back and it was safe to be ill he would be ill. :cry:

yup! Eric. Hence my own fears if I am out of the house for longer than a couple of hours. He stays under the futon. Food is left on his tray untouched. I always stay up til he's had his night time half hour in his litter tray munching too. Sometimes he does eat overnight but not if I'm out. Another reason why I was so upset when his bond with esme broke down.

I'm sorry, but also glad, to hear I'm not alone.

We've known for a long time that I am Sky's bonded friend and if I'm out the room when he expects me to be there he will sit and wait as close as possible to the door. When I was in hospital back in March he was clearly moping and needed his first ever dental shortly after.

During November I didn't sleep in my room for a while because I was bonding someone elses bunnies, and right at the start of December he just crashed hard and fast and we had to take a 2 hours 'dash' to the vets in the snow, where he was admitted for a dental and hefty pain relief (what I had at home was not touching him). We've been battling to bring him through ever since. Its been a total nightmare. He is just about getting to a better place now, but not anywhere like where he was. He will now sit in his litter tray and eat if I'm not in the room. Before he just sat, he wouldn't get up and drink, nor eat hay, would just sit, and also eat his fecals (we could tell by the lack of evidence of movement, etc).

i love him so much but he has been a huge stress, lol. Of course, when he wasn't here I had my own separation anxiety :lol: He has to live forever.

What happens when you can't though :|

i really don't know:(

i'm going away in june for 4 days and i feel sick at the thought that eric won't have his human company all the time. all i can do is hope - and the lady he's boarding with uses my own vets so they know eric.

such fragile creatures in many ways:(

Back