• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hes gone

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
I went to get dressed came down to find him sleeping. . I knew in my heart he was going to go. . Now we are going to the vets because i can't bury him the ground is too hard so i am hoping they will take him for me. Rip Alix i love you so much x x x

I'm really sorry. Binky Free Alix.

Owning rabbits is such a learning curve and unfortunately right now, you are sadly on a very steep one. Its very painful when that happens. I've been there as have many of us.

Binky Free Alix.

I am sorry he has died :cry:

Given that this is the fourth loss I really think it is essential that you speak with the Vet re the possibility of Coccidiosis. This is an extremely contagious and often fatal gastrointestinal condition and the two remaining Kits may well be a risk. Treatment now could save their lives.

I am sorry he has died :cry:

Given that this is the fourth loss I really think it is essential that you speak with the Vet re the possibility of Coccidiosis. This is an extremely contagious and often fatal gastrointestinal condition and the two remaining Kits may well be a risk. Treatment now could save their lives.

I've never heard of coccidiosis, is there any chance you could do a thread on it sometime jane? hopefully it could be stickied. xxx

Thank you . . Rebecca and Alix were in double hutches. . George is in a separate one! Is it still possible for them to get this. When i took Rebecca the vet told me this wasn
't contagious. X

Thank you . . Rebecca and Alix were in double hutches. . George is in a separate one! Is it still possible for them to get this. When i took Rebecca the vet told me this wasn
't contagious. X

Yes, it is possible. Personally I'd want to call the Vet and tell him/her about the 4 deaths and the fact that both Rebecca and Alix appeared to show the same symptoms. I would then ask the Vet about how best to try to prevent the remaining Kits going the same way. There is treatment available and if given in time it can save a Rabbits life. Baby Rabbits under the age of 8-10 weeks are more at risk than adult Rabbits. But in a disease outbreak any Rabbit can become ill.

Back