• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit inviting cat to play?

cat001

Young Bun
We've had this rabbit (snowy) only a few months, and only since the snow started we've had her indoors so hasn't really properly met the cats, only for brief moments whilst the cat was passing by the garden. Usually snowy doesn't bother with the cats but today snowy was following my cat (magik) around the living room a lot, he just kept trying to ignore snowy but she wouldn't stop following and was also binkying infornt of magik, it looked like she was trying to entice him to play! It was so sweet to see, I'll have to record it if it happens again!

That sounds like Muffin my houserabbit. He follows Lily my cat everywhere when he has out of cage time and snuggles up next to her on my bed whenever he gets the chance and joins her when she's playing. She adores him as well and grooms him whenever he presents himself to her. It was the same with my last frenchie houserabbit as well.

My indoor foster bun used to shove his nose under our cats belly, presumable to get her to groom him :lol: She found it quite stressful and ended up getting chased around while Dillon tried to become better friends with her!

:lol: i love crazy cabbits!!!

yes i have seen my buns ask the cats to play and also it works very well the other way around.

i am not sure why they seem to understand each others body language but i guess its cos of bunny and cat body language is very similar?

our first frenchie doe got mad if the cats walked past without kissing her..she used to hold em down till theyd exchanged furry kisses anmd head licks...soo funny.

i love it when the buns take on the cats persona and how kitenms take on bunny personas when they regard the buns as their parents!

Back