• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grim's outside...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
He's been off for a day or two. But eating fine so I know it's not his teeth. His eyes have started to run badly so I'm picking up eye drops tomorrow for him. My vets had run out of the ones he needs as the others irritate him so they're ringing another vets for me. Like I said he's eating fine, begging for treats but then shooting back under my bed. And then just sitting there.

So I tried something radical. I put them outside. It's 2 degrees here and my garden is very sheltered and small. It's between two houses. The hutch is covered with two fleeces and has two snugglesafes in it.

And he perked up straight away. I couldn't believe it. He was running around he came in and ate his food with a lot more vigor. I am worried that the heating is affecting his eyes. Now I don't know what to do, he's only been out for a about half an hour and I suppose I have to bring him in. But he's so happy.

That's interesting and certainly puts you in a dilemma - not sure what I would do in that position. If inside is 'normal' for him then I he really should be inside. I even worry about the slight change in temperature Spenser meets if I bring him into the conservatory (unheated) for an hour or so, but it can only be a very marginal difference in this case. Can you turn the heating down or open a window in the room where Grim and Smoo live?

We have storage heaters and they're either on or off and take ages to do either... :?

I'm so confused. :lol:

Back