• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilly keeps biting Peanut

xkaytix

Warren Scout
Lilly has taken to jumping at Peanut and biting him. They are a newly bonded pair (about 2 months) and have been fine. Peanut doesn't seem bothered by it at all but binkies when she does it. Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do?

Have they both been nuetered? Could she just be playing?
It doesnt seem like Peanut is bothered by it so unless it starts to get nasty I wouldnt worry too much.
Do they sit & groom each other?

Yeah they are both neutered :). They were bonded by Alice at Windwhistle Warren and bonded really easily. It just seems since they have been home this has started. No they don't really groom each other much (may do when we are not there).

Have you placed them straight into a big cage/hutch? It could be too soon to give them a lot of space so maybe try giving them a smaller space until Lillys learnt to share it with him & expects him always to be around
NB Im not a bunny expert or anything like that Im only trying to think of why shes behaving the way she is so please dont think Im necessarily right

I'm no expert either :oops: But has anything changed in their environment lately? Any new smells or other animals?

Could Lilly be deaf or partially sighted at all? Just wondering if she is jumping because she is being startled?

Thanks guys. Will take your advice on board and will try a smaller space in the morning. They were bonded in a shed and then went into a hutch at Alice's. They then came back to mine and had a 7 x 5 shed so possibly too much space too soon.

Lilly runs from one side of the shed to another to bite Peanut and I think she is only doing it when I'm around. Today it was because I was stroking him. I do think that they are probably still trying to sort out who is boss.. because at the beginning it appeared to be Peanut and not it seems to be Lilly.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Back