• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's warm weather here- (-1 degree c) Anyone else cleaning out bunnies ?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Anyone else taking advantage of the warmer weather and doing the outdoor buns.

It's better than what it was the other night. -14 degrees. My fingers were nearly falling off.

Glad to see the temperatures are improving at night anyways :)

i have 4 adult rabbits one with 5 babies and 3 younger rabbits all outside and i spent some of today outside cleaning them, they all seem fine they just get annoyed by frozen bottles :( they have thick winter fur now so i think they are fine outside i guess they are built to cope with the cold better than us

i cleaned ours out today before they moved up to their new bedroom :D did the chipmunks as well and found out they love fresh banana so they had a banana between 3 rabbits and 2 chipmunks :)

I did my foster buns sleeping area as that's the only bit he soils. The other buns only use their litter trays. I did a proper clean out last Friday so will wait until the snow clears a bit and then do another one.

Even though mine are indoors I still have to go outside to do litter trays and stuff so the other day I bought in two made up trays and a load of hay cos we were expecting a huge flurry of snow and when it gets too deep I can't open the garage door. :?

I still have been doing mine despite the cold, a few extra layers, hat gloves scarf :roll:...once out for 10min I'm fine, but since having buns I'm suprised at how much I have become climatised to the winter weather...must have built up a winter coat through the year.:lol:

Oh then I have a cuppa waiting for me when I get back in :D he probably feels sorry for me! :lol:

Sadly we never got it that warm today, highest I saw it was -4oC! Lowest so far was -13oC about 5pm, dread to think what it is now at 10.30pm.

I've been outside with my ear muffs on all day yesterday cleaning my Buns. Some liked being put in the run in the snow while I was cleaning. Others were not impressed.

Everytime I start it starts snowing so have taken to wearing thermals, jeans jumper, hat.

Then cleaning as fast as possible :lol:

I cleaned mine out today...

Just tipped the litter box into the bin bag in lovely 40 degree heat :p

This is the time of year when I'm so happy my buns are in the house! I think I mostly decided on them being house rabbits due to the unpredictability of British weather! Boy am I glad I did...

Sorry to all of you who had to brave the cold! You're braver bunny mummies than I am!

xx

Back