• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woo hoo!! 2 hours and bottle not frozen!!

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
That's gotta be the longest in about a week!!!

How often are you changing your outdoor water bottles? Do you stress if you're out and you just know the bottles will probably be frozen but there's nothing you can do about it???? Am I being too paranoid about bunny water bottles???? :shock::shock::shock:

No, but I have a bunny that doesn't drink. I wouldn't worry too much if you have to miss a changeover time. Most of the time your two have access to water, and that's probably more than many other bunnies. :) Do they draw you dirty looks if they are kept waiting for drinking water. :shock:

I've been doing it four times a day and that has been fine so far. Sometimes I've done slightly more on the really cold nights. The bottles were actually not frozen when i woke up this morning which was good.

I've been doing it four times a day and that has been fine so far. Sometimes I've done slightly more on the really cold nights. The bottles were actually not frozen when i woke up this morning which was good.

No, but I have a bunny that doesn't drink. I wouldn't worry too much if you have to miss a changeover time. Most of the time your two have access to water, and that's probably more than many other bunnies. :) Do they draw you dirty looks if they are kept waiting for drinking water. :shock:

No. :oops: Most of the time they don't even notice - they just hop around me wanting to know if I've brought them something! I only get dirty looks when I'm slow at dishing out the veg and pellets!!!

No. :oops: Most of the time they don't even notice - they just hop around me wanting to know if I've brought them something! I only get dirty looks when I'm slow at dishing out the veg and pellets!!!

In that case don't worry! They are two of the healthiest looking bunnies I've seen, and it seems they are revelling in the winter weather (perhaps not what you really want to hear...;):lol:)

mine haven't really been freezing but while there's snow around the bunnies has preferred eating that instead :lol:

Sounds like your two are fine :)

I've just put warm water in for The Boys - Blackie had another good long slurp (he LOVES his warm water), but the others were far more interested in their pellets :lol:

Thanks guys!! I'm one of the most easy going people I know - I don't tend to get worried or upset easily. That is..... until it comes to ....... My animals!!!

I'm sick listening to myself - dread to think what friends and family are having to suffer listening to me!!! At least you can switch me off!!!! :lol::oops::lol:

Thanks guys!! I'm one of the most easy going people I know - I don't tend to get worried or upset easily. That is..... until it comes to ....... My animals!!!

I'm sick listening to myself - dread to think what friends and family are having to suffer listening to me!!! At least you can switch me off!!!! :lol::oops::lol:

Click :D

Mine hasn't been frozen for the past couple of days :D
I was watching Pipkin eating the snow earlier though, so even if they did freeze I think they would be ok until all the snow melts.

Mine hasn't been frozen for the past couple of days :D
I was watching Pipkin eating the snow earlier though, so even if they did freeze I think they would be ok until all the snow melts.

Wonder would it be an idea to put a little bowl of snow in there with them.....:?

Back