• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should i do?

bugsbunnylover

Warren Scout
Im thinking about either rehoming another house rabbit/rabbits or fostering a house rabbit/rabbits?
Im not sure how rabbit rescues feel about rehoming or having a fosterer who is in a military family.
I have 3 house rabbits (Henry 2 years old french lop,Fudge lionhead 5 years old and Tinkabell mini lop who is 14 weeks old) and i rehomed Barney(french lop who is 4/5 years old) however he got very stressed from travelling from Durham to Wiltshire so i will be finding him a forever home once he is fit and well as he has just been neutered as i feel that is the right thing to do as we do move around which i dont think he will cope very well with.
What do you guys think?

Im thinking about either rehoming another house rabbit/rabbits or fostering a house rabbit/rabbits?
Im not sure how rabbit rescues feel about rehoming or having a fosterer who is in a military family.
I have 3 house rabbits (Henry 2 years old french lop,Fudge lionhead 5 years old and Tinkabell mini lop who is 14 weeks old) and i rehomed Barney(french lop who is 4/5 years old) however he got very stressed from travelling from Durham to Wiltshire so i will be finding him a forever home once he is fit and well as he has just been neutered as i feel that is the right thing to do as we do move around which i dont think he will cope very well with.
What do you guys think?

If you are able to offer a foster home for at least a few weeks at a time then I am sure a rescue would be very happy to hear from you.

With regards to you own bun how often do you move? If its is only every few years then I would maybe worry about it nearer the time. Your next journey may be much shorter

Hi,
We have been here 5 years next year but are due to move in the summer and at the moment it looks like we are going to Germany for a couple of years so thats why im abit worried about how Barney would cope with boarding for a week then an 8 ish hour drive to the new house:cry:

Hi,
We have been here 5 years next year but are due to move in the summer and at the moment it looks like we are going to Germany for a couple of years so thats why im abit worried about how Barney would cope with boarding for a week then an 8 ish hour drive to the new house:cry:

Ah right fair enough thats a long journey for a bad traveller.

Back