• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Alix

i would suggest keeping an eye on him...try again and dinner time....if hes not eating my mnorning consult your vet.

it would be very rare for my rabbits to stop eating...the only time they stopped was when they were about to have their kits....

i assume hes a boy.....so just keep an eye on him... :D

If he is refusing all food put in front of him, he will need to be taken to the vet for a gut stimulant and metacam, as it could be the start of gut stasis.

How is he in himself? Is he just sat in the same spot?

This is exactly how Biccy began his GI slowdown a couple of weeks back. tiny black poops, wouldnt eat, let me pick him up (which is unsual) and wouldn't move from the corner unless prodded to and then hopped and sat still again.

When was the last time you saw him eat?

Agree with Starlights re the vets.

I would agree with the vets too. Its too risky to leave them, especially when you don't know what's causing it and why he is acting that way.

How is he now? Hope he's ok. I think maybe a trip to the vets might help, just to be safe. Well done on noticing his habits have changed babes xxx

I hope Alix is ok. Please take him to the vets this evening, as others have said waiting really isn't an option if food is being refused. Hopefully he'll bounce back in no time :)

Back