• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Have Made Another Huge Mistake :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Due to bereavements I have 3 single Bucks :cry: I have tried all combinations of bonding and even tried bonding one into an established pair. All have failed :cry: Now I still have 3 single Bucks and several more stressed and unhappy Rabbits :cry: The only positive is that the bond of the two Bucks I tried to make into a threesome does not appear to have broken down.

No point to this thread really, I just feel a bit :cry: about my failure.

Aww jane you haven't failed your bunnies have a wonderful life i'm sure they will all be happy

You can only ever do your best and if your best sadly fails then you have to be content that you tried. Easier said than done, I know. But try not to beat yourself up over it.

That's not a failure on your part. Bunnies will be bunnies; you can't force them to get along. There is no harm done, no injuries, and the pair who were already a pair, are still a pair.

You're human Jane, you're not God, and even though you're amazing when it comes to bunnies and their needs in every which way, you can't change their personalities.

You've tried, and done your best, and now you're listening to your bunnies. that's all anyone can do.

It was worth trying, and in your good care I'm sure the stressed bunnies will soon settle down again. :)

Its not your fault Jane. You know all about the problems I had trying to bond my lot. You cant make bunnies bond, and you also cant take on more bunnies than u could cope with just so they can have friends.

It wasn't a mistake... you were trying to ensure those lone bunnies had company and the only way of finding out was to try. It didn't work, but no bonds have been upset and I'm sure the stressed out buns will soon settle.

Hugs. xxxx

Thanks all

I think that everyBun has calmed down now. At least the singletons live next door to other Rabbits. But you cant beat seeing Buns snuggled up together.

Jane this is not your fault- you can introduce rabbits to each other and do all you can to give them the best opportunity to make friends but at the end of the day its the buns who make up their own minds.

I know bun to bun bonds are the best option for a bun but I also know you will be giving lots of attention and TLC to each and everyone of your single bucks.

Be kind to yourself and see if they are more intrested in making friends after the new year.

That's not a failure on your part. Bunnies will be bunnies; you can't force them to get along. There is no harm done, no injuries, and the pair who were already a pair, are still a pair.

You're human Jane, you're not God, and even though you're amazing when it comes to bunnies and their needs in every which way, you can't change their personalities.

You've tried, and done your best, and now you're listening to your bunnies. that's all anyone can do.

^^ This! Jane - sending you a huge hug for trying to get these bunnies to find new friends with each other....you can only as Sky-O says try to listen to them.....youre an amazing person!:love::love::love:

Jane, everytime you post and everytime you write on here I'm always amazed and delighted with how passionate and caring you are, you are a brilliant bunny owner and not one person can claim otherwise (They'd be nuts!) you've never failed your rabbits, this isn't a failure, male bucks are odd little things, they' can click with each other instantly (like Bats and Rascal) or take months to bond (Bats and Firefly)

Some bunnies are great single depending on the owner, and with you as their owner there's no way they'll miss out :love:

Trying again may be worth a shot after the new year, but eitherway they're bound to be happy with you :D

The single bunnies I really feel sorry for are the ones stuck in tiny hutches at the bottom of someones garden, the unwanted pet after the whim of a child has worn off. That's hardly the case with your bucks!! Bless you and your pampered bunnies!!!:wave:

Well the single lads seem to be happy enough this evening. I just miss seeing them snuggled up with their now departed partners :cry:

you cant force them to get on hun, i doubt they feel loneliness like we do, they are not alone they have family all around them :D they will let you know when they are ready to stop being stubborn bloke buns im sure of it, until then dont beat yourself up.. all you can do is try to persuade them its for the best and they will tell you to pee off.. silly bunnies !!!

I feel an absolute failure i got a phone cal to say the lit had died today that the lady took on Sunday she said he got runs! I was so shocked was it my fault? He was fine when i went. . :cry:

Last edited:
you cant force them to get on hun, i doubt they feel loneliness like we do, they are not alone they have family all around them :D they will let you know when they are ready to stop being stubborn bloke buns im sure of it, until then dont beat yourself up.. all you can do is try to persuade them its for the best and they will tell you to pee off.. silly bunnies !!!

I think I get 'told' that on a regular basis here !! :roll: :lol:

I feel for you Jane because I now have three singles and one foster who we are considering taking on, but not sure that any of the combinations would work. Two of the singles are due to berievements and I really don't want to take on any more buns but just care for the ones we have. BUT I really don't think that the ones we have would work in any combo. I will try them but then my other alternative is to put them in with the pairs and make up groups but is that fair to my pairs? I really don't know what to do for the best.

So Can't help with any suggestions, but I really do know how you feel as I just want them all to be happy.

I hope that you wake up one day and have a 'erueka' moment about who will work with who - that's what I am praying will happen here. x

Back