• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chesters legacy

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
Chester wasn't one of the well known bunnies on RU but because of him so many bunnies have had their lives improved.

I adopted Chester from Kirkby rescue in July 2009 after being told they had a Magpie Harlequin who wasn't well:cry:

029.jpg
bunnies524.jpg

He'd been in the rescue since Christmas Eve 2008 and he'd got lots of health problems, I knew he wouldn't be with me for long and my vet told me to spoil him - he used to have his hot water bottles to help keep him warm

005-2.jpg

After visiting Kirkby rescue (who have over 100 rabbits in at the moment) I realised just how much help and support rescues need, so Chester was my inspiration, because of him a team of volunteers helped at Kirkby and improved things as well as raising money for vacs etc. A lot of the long term bunnies were rehomed see Chesters interviews http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=198747

A lot of you know I organise another fundraiser which has helped over 20 rescues this year and raised over £3000 for them, so although today is very sad as it's the first anniversary of Chesters death, I know that his legacy will live on and next year a lot more bunnies will be helped because of him.

086.jpg

Binky free Chester, I love and miss you so much:cry:

:love::love::love:

What a handsome boy he was and what a fantastic legacy too; Chester would be very proud of what he has helped to come about. :)

Hugs, Sue. xx

what a beautiful bunny and a really touching story. wonderful to know that his legacy will live on and that he will always have a special place in your heart xx

Binky free Chester. Thanks for sharing his story, especially for those of us who weren't around last year. :wave:

Chester was a one in a million bunny Sue & truly a very special little man :love:

He will be so chuffed to know that he inspired you to do so much for so many needy bunnies :love:

Hope you're having fun Chester xxx

He's a beautiful bunny and must have been so special to inspire you to help other bunnies :love::love::love:

Binky free Chester xxx

Back