• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Robert Rabbit...update 2/1/2011 bad news

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
This is Robert who arrived here at the sanctuary on Sunday. He's much younger than he looks at only 2 years old, but has multiple health issues, including incisor and molar teeth problems, muscle loss, gunky eyes, and mites. The photos don't show how painfully thin he is, but his spine and ribs stick out and his back legs have no strength at all in them...the por little guy shuffles around rather than hops :(

IMAG0265.jpg

Last edited:
Aw.......I'm sure that being in your care will make life so much better for him.

Hope he starts getting better quickly so that he can enjoy his life again x

Poor little man .... it's hard to believe he's around the same age as my two. :( Is the browny looking fur on his ears to do with the mites?

I'm sure with your loving care he will be a very different bunny in no time and I look forward to hearing updates as he improves. :love::love:

he looks so so lovely - may this be the start of a new and happy life for him xx

keep us posted with his progress :)

You are a star for taking him in Amy.

I'm sure that with your tlc Robert will soon look and feel much better.

Bless him, I hope his health will improve with the proper care and attention he will get from you. :)

Oh poor little man :cry:

He is in such safe hands now - well done to you Amy.

I look forward to reading about his progress. xxx

You are a star for taking him in Amy.

ooh that confused me! :lol: wondered if i had unknowingly adopted him! i am quite tired at the moment so anything is possible :lol:

obviously its the OP's name :oops:

he really is so lovely looking, really wishing for a speedy recovery for him - looks like a special bunny to me :love:

:shock: Poor little boy. How awful for him to have been allowed to get into that state. Sending lots of nose rubs & get well vibes to little Robert. Please keep us updated on how he gets on. He's sure to improve now you have him :love:

Poor little man .... it's hard to believe he's around the same age as my two. :( Is the browny looking fur on his ears to do with the mites?

I'm sure with your loving care he will be a very different bunny in no time and I look forward to hearing updates as he improves. :love::love:

I'm not really sure what the brown fur is...I think either his natural colouring, or perhaps from being out in the sun during the summertime and then not going through a winter moult.

It does make him look even more moth-eaten, poor liittle chap

How can a bunny that poorly still look so incredibly gorgeous. I am sure that Robert Rabbit will be hopping and binkying around in no time :love:

Sending loads of vibes to Robert Rabbit. xx

Reason for edit: can no longer spell...

Last edited:
Oh Amy, what a poor wee mite :cry: Thank goodness he is now safe with you - he couldn't be in better hands :)

Sending him lots of love & snuggles xxx

He's a handsome fella regardless of his gunky eyes. I can't imagine he'll look like that for long; I am sure he'll flourish now he's in safe hands.

Back